The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I like to mix things up on a daily basis. Whatever takes my fancy. And to those saying 'I don't have breakfast', may God have mercy on your soul.
Reply 41
Why would anyone do it before :confused: You're only going to need to do it afterwards as well if you do that. Plus it'd make your breakfast taste all minty, ew.
Nope, I've just always done it. I wash my hands as often as I can, too. I suppose you just get into the habit and it never stops!
Reply 43
You can either do it before breakfast or after but you must wait 1 hour after breakfast as some foods/drinks have acids e.g. juice, so if you wait less than 1 hour you are essentially brushing acid against your teeth with contribute to tooth decay and reduction in vole/strength of teeth - that's what my dentish told me when I asked her
Reply 44
I don't understand why you wouldn't do it before. Obviously you can tell I do it before. I can't do anything until I've brushed my teeth. You shouldn't brush your teeth after eating anyway. So drink some water and if need be, then have a mint if you're worried about the weetabreath.
I usually have my breakfast outside with my parents or we'd stop by a drive thru on the way to school to grab something to eat in the car so, I brush my teeth before breakfast obviously. But other times when I have my breakfast at home, I'd usually brush my teeth after breakfast because I wake up very late and I'm still very groggy.
Reply 46
Original post by xDave-
Why would anyone do it before :confused: You're only going to need to do it afterwards as well if you do that. Plus it'd make your breakfast taste all minty, ew.

What's the point in doing it after?
Original post by RVNmax
I don't understand why you wouldn't do it before. Obviously you can tell I do it before. I can't do anything until I've brushed my teeth. You shouldn't brush your teeth after eating anyway. So drink some water and if need be, then have a mint if you're worried about the weetabreath.

Why is this? :holmes:
Reply 48
Original post by RVNmax
What's the point in doing it after?

nt sure if srs

To clean them... The clue's in the name
Reply 49
I read on the NHS website that brushing before eating is preferable, as having food in your mouth (especially acids, such as in sugars and fruit juice) can soften your teeth's enamel, causing you to reduce the enamel while brushing.

Original post by James A
Why is this? :holmes:

Realised this answered your question.
How can u have breakfast with that dragon breath

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miser
I read on the NHS website that brushing before eating is preferable, as having food in your mouth (especially acids, such as in sugars and fruit juice) can soften your teeth's enamel, causing you to reduce the enamel while brushing.

Realised this answered your question.

But if you brush at night wouldnt be damaging them as youd have food in your mouth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
It takes about an hour for the pH levels in your mouth to return to normal after eating.
Reply 53
Before, I like to be able to taste my breakfast for a while after lol, plus I usualy have somthing smelly for lunch anyway (garlic, cheese etc)

I just carry strong mints, tic tacs or smints (somthing to that affect) on me due to my love of strong sscented foods lol, especially indian food, I burped once after and didnt cover my mouth, it actually literally made my eyes water lol
I don't normally have breakfast, but I have a coffee in the morning and brush my teeth after :tongue:
Reply 55
It depends if I'm running late etc., if I'm running late it'll be before and breakfast on-the-go otherwise after. I detest not brushing them after if I have toast because it's so crumby...
I don't usually have breakfast.
But when I do, I'd brush my teeth first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Afterwards otherwise it makes my breakfast taste weird.

Original post by James A
After.

It saves you having to not go and brush after breakfast (for a second time) and also the taste of your breakfast is not affected.

Honestly don't know why people do it only before.

Original post by mikeyd85
After.

I never brush before a meal. I don't like mint cereal.

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
After, otherwise my cereal would taste funny.

Am I the only one that likes the taste of any food after I've brushed my teeth?
Original post by Splenge007

You arent alone! i feel weird if i have breakfast without brushing my teeth. Its just not right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Splenge007

Seriously? After brushing my teeth if I drank some milk then I'd feel like throwing up as its just disgusting really :redface:

Latest