The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Psalm 90:14 - Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

Psalm 94:18 - When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.

Psalm 33:22 - May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 33:18 - But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by Aula
Franciscans are super cool...

http://brandonvogt.com/friar-order-skate/

Wow, he's good!
Job 15:27

"Though his face is covered with fat and his waist bulges with flesh..."

Can't remember reading this verse before, reminds me - must stick with this diet :tongue:
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
Job 15:27

"Though his face is covered with fat and his waist bulges with flesh..."

Can't remember reading this verse before, reminds me - must stick with this diet :tongue:

PRSOM. :sad:
Reply 3984
From Monday I'm going to attempt a super strict diet to see if it helps my stomach issues.

Prayers that I'll have the self-discipline to stick with it and that it'll help would be appreciated.

No dairy and no gluten :afraid:
Original post by Aula
From Monday I'm going to attempt a super strict diet to see if it helps my stomach issues.

Prayers that I'll have the self-discipline to stick with it and that it'll help would be appreciated.

Prayers coming your way. I've followed a similar diet since 2008 (also for stomach issues) so if you need any help/advice/anyone to scream to just let me know :smile:
Original post by Aula

:headfire:

This makes the Baby Jesus cry :sadnod: BUT if it's for your health's sake, it must be at least tried, I guess. Wishing you the very best of luck! I will be praying :penguinhug:
Original post by Aula

There are some really nice vegan and gluten free recipes floating around the internet! Buzzfeed do lists regularly and there are some excellent recipe blogs. (I'm neither vegan nor gf but my close friendship circle contains one of each so it's usually easiest to cook the same for everyone! :smile: )
Reply 3988
Original post by mscaffrey
Prayers coming your way. I've followed a similar diet since 2008 (also for stomach issues) so if you need any help/advice/anyone to scream to just let me know :smile:

I may well take you up on that :mmm:

Original post by Feefifofum
There are some really nice vegan and gluten free recipes floating around the internet! Buzzfeed do lists regularly and there are some excellent recipe blogs. (I'm neither vegan nor gf but my close friendship circle contains one of each so it's usually easiest to cook the same for everyone! :smile: )

Yeah, I've seen some of these, and have bought a book of gluten and dairy free recipes. There are brownies in it :teeth:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:headfire:

This makes the Baby Jesus cry :sadnod: BUT if it's for your health's sake, it must be at least tried, I guess. Wishing you the very best of luck! I will be praying :penguinhug:

:sadnod:

And this evening I will pig out on dairy and chocolate because I have no work tomorrow and therefore don't need to worry about consequences :colone:
Original post by Aula

Have you heard of the Daniel Diet?

http://www.danielsdiet.com/

It is full of biblical principles but I think it would be too restrictive for me. :smile:
Original post by tasha96
PRSOM. :sad:

Hahah, I think we all need to encourage one another, dieting is such an effort and then maintaining it is even harder.
Reply 3991
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
Have you heard of the Daniel Diet?

http://www.danielsdiet.com/

It is full of biblical principles but I think it would be too restrictive for me. :smile:

I have heard of it, but I'm pretty sure it includes stuff I know gives me issues and cuts out stuff I seem to be able to eat fine.
[video="youtube;JYR9p4Ok4uk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYR9p4Ok4uk[/video]

Who IS Jesus ? :smile:
I know I don't post very often but can I put in an urgent prayer request to anyone who is able.

One of my best friends (she led me to Christ and has been such an important person in my life) has gone into premature labour. If the baby is born now it won't survive. Can anyone who is able please pray that her contractions can be stopped and that even though she is going through so much both her and her husband will be able to feel gods peace and really lean on him.

Thank you.
Original post by randdom
I know I don't post very often but can I put in an urgent prayer request to anyone who is able.

One of my best friends (she led me to Christ and has been such an important person in my life) has gone into premature labour. If the baby is born now it won't survive. Can anyone who is able please pray that her contractions can be stopped and that even though she is going through so much both her and her husband will be able to feel gods peace and really lean on him.

Thank you.

Oh gosh. That's very scary. Praying hard for this intention. Will call upon the intercession of St Anne and St Monica :frown: Thanks for letting us know to pray about this :hugs:
Original post by randdom

Thank you.

Praying :hugs: please let us know about the outcome of this situation.
Original post by randdom

Thank you.

Psalm 145:18
The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

Luke 18:1
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God

Praying, please up date us when you can. God bless.
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy - Psalm 30 v 11

http://www.godvine.com/read/i-thought-it-was-for-cuteness-but-my-heart-melted-when-i-learned-the-truth-behind-these-sweaters--714.html:smile:
The Christian life is challenging.

God not only tells us to forgive but he also says to overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:18-21

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written:

“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

On the contrary:
:smile:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Thank you for your prayers. Sadly her baby was born this morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending