The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Ah but neither are complete, and I'll probs never get round to completing them :sad:

Ah ye of little faith! It'll happen sometime! Just like my novel will happen sometime :yep:

:hugs:

Original post by kb5462
New person here :smile:

Hi Katy and welcome! Congrats about St Andrew's - fantastic stuff. I'm Shan, resident badly-behaved Catholic :colone:

:angel:

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Anyone have any tips for blocked ears? Tried eardrops and it still feels horrid and I desperately need sleep.

Put the drops in for five days (icky, I know) and then go to the GP surgery to have them syringed. It doesn't hurt and afterwards your ears are all nice and clean and you can hear again :h:
Reply 581
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Hi Katy and welcome! Congrats about St Andrew's - fantastic stuff. I'm Shan, resident badly-behaved Catholic :colone:

:angel:

I tend to get called "Catholic-lite", so hi :biggrin:

Original post by Diety
Hello newbie! Any degree that includes philosophy sounds great to me, good luck, and a great uni too! Congrats! :biggrin:

Thanks!

"Location: Bedford"

A place I know well, my brother went to school there :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kb5462

I tend to get called "Catholic-lite", so hi :biggrin:

I'm not that rude! I wouldn't say such a thing :nah: :console: :hugs:

Nice to meet you anyway :biggrin: I hope you will join me in spamming the thread. I mean, intellectually conversing :ninja:
Reply 583
I'm not that rude! I wouldn't say such a thing :nah: :console: :hugs:

Nice to meet you anyway :biggrin: I hope you will join me in spamming the thread. I mean, intellectually conversing :ninja:

Hahaha, don't worry, everyone's always like "So are you Catholic or Anglican?" and my response tends to be a bit like this: :confused:

Oh yes. We shall spam intellectually converse.
Ah ye of little faith! It'll happen sometime! Just like my novel will happen sometime :yep:

:hugs:

Oddly enough I've started work on my novel again today :yep:
Original post by kb5462
Hahaha, don't worry, everyone's always like "So are you Catholic or Anglican?" and my response tends to be a bit like this: :confused:

:facepalm: Oh dear... To be fair though, I'd never really heard of AngloCatholicism until I went to uni and found myself befriending a group of AngloCatholics in the (Anglican) chapel choir :biggrin:

Oh yes. We shall spam intellectually converse.

I like you already :yep:

Well there you go! :yep:
Reply 586
:facepalm: Oh dear... To be fair though, I'd never really heard of AngloCatholicism until I went to uni and found myself befriending a group of AngloCatholics in the (Anglican) chapel choir :biggrin:

We're a great bunch :wink: a niche group, though, especially if you're also a liberal like me.

I like you already :yep:

See? Told you we were great :cool: :wink:
Original post by kb5462
We're a great bunch :wink: a niche group, though, especially if you're also a liberal like me.

Liberal ftw! I'm a liberal Catholic. Which, according to whom you ask, either makes me a "cafeteria" Catholic, or not a Catholic at all :lol:

See? Told you we were great :cool: :wink:

:awesome:
Reply 588
Liberal ftw! I'm a liberal Catholic. Which, according to whom you ask, either makes me a "cafeteria" Catholic, or not a Catholic at all :lol:

Oh, good old conservatives :tongue: life would be boring without them telling us we're not saved/not part of the church we're part of, wouldn't it? :wink:
Reply 589
Original post by kb5462
Thanks!

"Location: Bedford"

A place I know well, my brother went to school there :tongue:

Cool! It's a rockin' place!... ok, no it's a dump :tongue: the schools are good though, which school was he at? BMS?... :biggrin:

Everyone else is introducing so I'll throw it in there :biggrin: I'm Baptised Anglican but from an atheist background and I'm liberal Eastern Orthodox in my theology. Seriously considering becoming EO at uni but not there yet :wink:

Nice to get another lovely liberal in the soc, plus high church which is my favourite flavour :ahee:
Original post by kb5462
Oh, good old conservatives :tongue: life would be boring without them telling us we're not saved/not part of the church we're part of, wouldn't it? :wink:

Indeedy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 591
Original post by Diety
Cool! It's a rockin' place!... ok, no it's a dump the schools are good though, which school was he at? BMS?...

Everyone else is introducing so I'll throw it in there I'm Baptised Anglican but from an atheist background and I'm liberal Eastern Orthodox in my theology. Seriously considering becoming EO at uni but not there yet

Nice to get another lovely liberal in the soc, plus high church which is my favourite flavour :ahee:

I know a lot of BMS-ers, but my bro was a Beford School chap. And yes, rock in' would be exactly how I'd describe it...

High church is best because smells and bells.
People use 'rockin' in a none ironic way? I do not even know this world anymore.

Put the drops in for five days (icky, I know) and then go to the GP surgery to have them syringed. It doesn't hurt and afterwards your ears are all nice and clean and you can hear again :h:

Merci, i'll keep up with doing them. My ears are actually much better today as is my cold. Also it turns out, if one has sunburn, don't actually look up info on it as all of them will make you think you're going to die of skincancer :K: Although it's been three weeks not and it's still not entirely gone so maybe some moisturiser is needed (least it never blistered).
Reply 593
People use 'rockin' in a none ironic way? I do not even know this world anymore.

oh, it's ironic. Trust me on this one :tongue:
Reply 594
-cough- Right, I knew that :ninja: Totally didn't get that wrong... No siree....

Are you getting ready for UCAS applying yet or not? (if you're going at all that is :colondollar:)

:teehee: :console: I'd probably never said to be fair :tongue:

Yeah, I've started on my UCAS :yep:

Original post by kb5462
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm Katy, I come from just north of London, I'm an Anglo-Catholic, and I'm off to St. Andrews to study English and Philosophy in all of 3 weeks :biggrin:

Nice :biggrin: I'm Mazz, resident badly-behaved, intellectually-conversing, gay Anglican :colone:

*adds glitter to halo* :angel:

:getmecoat:

Of course you may monsieur, the land of the Fluffer-Nutters is open to all! Except for when it's closed.

:woo: :yay: :party:

I can barely even cope with emails, it's so one-to-one and it just sits there waiting for you to reply... :ninja: And this is why I would never sue someone.

:rofl: :console: :ditto: :five:

Seriously, it's ironic and sarcastic in this instance. :tongue:
Reply 595
Original post by kb5462
I know a lot of BMS-ers, but my bro was a Beford School chap. And yes, rock in' would be exactly how I'd describe it...

Bedford school! :eek: we have many bad names for them... I will not share but you may know our schools are meant to be enemies :wink: I never really bought into that though, I know one guy from Bedford School and he's all right :tongue:

High Church is best because smells and bells.

Bells! :zomg: never again... Once took all the skin off one hand while bell ringing in a High Anglican Church... broke the bell too! Worst pain ever... I think it takes co-ordination which is something I lack :tongue:

Original post by Mazzini

Did you want my Personal Statement Mazz? I remember someone on TSR asking for it...

If you don't mind me asking, what are you writing about?
Reply 597
Never! It goes against everything I believe in... And my attention span.

Confound them! Why the heck would it take so long?

(Knowing me I would never phone them because I hate confrontation so much, i'd probably just keep checking UCAS for the next five years and never mention it :flute:)

I did end up calling them yesterday (So nerve-racking - wrote myself a script! :biggrin: ) and they said I would find out which college I would go to between now... and mid-september! :eek: :frown: so anxious, can't wait that long!
Original post by chickenonsteroids
If you don't mind me asking, what are you writing about?

Same story as I was last time. Fantasy Young Adult kinda book, girl escapes from town, finds out that there is a secret Council who runs everything in the world and makes people unhappy so she decides to fight against them.
Original post by Diety
I did end up calling them yesterday (So nerve-racking - wrote myself a script! :biggrin: ) and they said I would find out which college I would go to between now... and mid-september! :eek: :frown: so anxious, can't wait that long!

Goodness, so I take it that you're a late start then?

Original post by Mazzini
:teehee: :console: I'd probably never said to be fair :tongue:

Seriously, it's ironic and sarcastic in this instance. :tongue:

:beer::five: Much better than me then, I didn't start mine until early-mid Sept and then send it off until Novemember as college was pretty slow with it, I hadn't done a PS as the day the talk was on pre-hols was canceled and I had placement/possible volunteering coming up so it took ages before I could start it. I art so organised :pierre: I had one fun day where the tutor had to look at my PS, I got an appointment, showed up at his door and waited for half an hour, he didn't show up and when I tracked him down he had no idea who I was :awesome: I was pretty lucky in the end though as I didn't need to change my PS :smug: You've probably told me but what is it you're applying for?

D'aw, I was going to study you all and poke you with sticks.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending