The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FinnLassie
I'm incompetent, I just can't dial the number on my phone. :cry2:

Massive massive hugs from here. :jumphug: And you're not incompetent at all. Some things are just impossible to do.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug: Get d123 to help? :h:

TLG speaks wise words as usual. :yep: :hugs:
Original post by tasha96

TLG speaks wise words as usual. :yep: :hugs:

I do try to occasionally talk about stuff that is not food-based, and is therefore wise :yep: :ahee: :ninja:
Reply 982
I do try to occasionally talk about stuff that is not food-based, and is therefore wise :yep: :ahee: :ninja:

Of course, it's usually quoting Julian of Norwich :giggle:
Original post by Bath House
Question to christians, is jesus inside of me and my eight year old brother?

The part of God which Christians gain when giving their life to Christ is the Holy Spirit.
Original post by Aula
Of course, it's usually quoting Julian of Norwich :giggle:

:colonhash:

:teehee:

:ninja:
Reply 985
Prayers please. Slipped disc or two on my spine. I need the strength to phone the doctors tomorrow. Not liking how this has all come right before I'm back to lectures.

That's awful! Praying for a speedy recovery :console:

I'm incompetent, I just can't dial the number on my phone. :cry2:

If your nervous, I personally never go without writing a script for a phone conversation with someone I don't know well :smile: guess it's just a way of being more in control :wink:

I'm actually having some hard times myself and would appreciate any prayers. Parents just told us yesterday that they are splitting up (it was very out of the blue to us) because apparently my dad has had a string of secret affairs over the last few years that he has just now come clean about... and it's not even that he's admitted it out of guilt, but just because he was breaking it off with his second mistress and she had threatened to come out with it herself (so it would have gone on if he hadn't felt the need for self preservation). So yea, very surreal couple of days as we had always seemed to be a happy family, and indeed I had liked the dad of a couple of days ago, and am very confused at the moment that this seems to have been some sort of cover.. I'm coping ok, just a bit sick, confused, and depressed, but if anyone could pray especially for my little sister and mum who are really struggling, I would be very grateful. On a theological note, I don't think I ever fully appreciated why everyone in the bible is so down on adultery until now when I feel firsthand how utterly destructive it is.
Sorry to put a downer on the thread, but things are really bad, and I start uni in a week (talk about timing) so 1. I really hope this doesn't affect me there, and 2. I am worried about my family coping whilst I'm away..
Anyway... hope everyone else is having a better time of it and settling in to uni ok :smile: praying for you all
Original post by Diety
I'm actually having some hard times myself and would appreciate any prayers. Parents just told us yesterday that they are splitting up (it was very out of the blue to us) because apparently my dad has had a string of secret affairs over the last few years that he has just now come clean about... and it's not even that he's admitted it out of guilt, but just because he was breaking it off with his second mistress and she had threatened to come out with it herself (so it would have gone on if he hadn't felt the need for self preservation). So yea, very surreal couple of days as we had always seemed to be a happy family, and indeed I had liked the dad of a couple of days ago, and am very confused at the moment that this seems to have been some sort of cover.. I'm coping ok, just a bit sick, confused, and depressed, but if anyone could pray especially for my little sister and mum who are really struggling, I would be very grateful. On a theological note, I don't think I ever fully appreciated why everyone in the bible is so down on adultery until now when I feel firsthand how utterly destructive it is.
Sorry to put a downer on the thread, but things are really bad, and I start uni in a week (talk about timing) so 1. I really hope this doesn't affect me there, and 2. I am worried about my family coping whilst I'm away..
Anyway... hope everyone else is having a better time of it and settling in to uni ok :smile: praying for you all

Definitely praying for you. :hugs: If you need someone to talk to i've been through parents splitting up, and it's never a nice thing to have happen, especially if it comes at a rubbish time as well. The circumstances my parents split up in aren't the same but will still be here if you need it. Also definitely praying for your Mum and Sister through this, and that they can cope with you going away as well.
Original post by Diety

Hey,

That's so awful, hun - I'm really very sorry to hear about this. It sounds as though this is a very painful and confusing time for you. I'm about to head out to Harvard but will try and do a rosary later for you, your mum and your sister :sadnod:

Remember we are all here for you to left off steam and for you to talk to :grouphugs:
Original post by Diety

So many prayers going out to you and your family. Verse I gave Tasha earlier today - Psalm 55:22

:hugs:

I'm always here if you need to talk.
Original post by Diety

All my love and prayers. :frown: :hugs:
Like the others have said, am here if you need. :hugs:
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

:grouphugs:
Reply 991
Original post by Quornslice
Definitely praying for you. :hugs: If you need someone to talk to i've been through parents splitting up, and it's never a nice thing to have happen, especially if it comes at a rubbish time as well. The circumstances my parents split up in aren't the same but will still be here if you need it. Also definitely praying for your Mum and Sister through this, and that they can cope with you going away as well.

Hey,

That's so awful, hun - I'm really very sorry to hear about this. It sounds as though this is a very painful and confusing time for you. I'm about to head out to Harvard but will try and do a rosary later for you, your mum and your sister :sadnod:

Remember we are all here for you to left off steam and for you to talk to :grouphugs:

Original post by greeneyedgirl
So many prayers going out to you and your family. Verse I gave Tasha earlier today - Psalm 55:22

:hugs:

I'm always here if you need to talk.

Original post by tasha96
All my love and prayers. :frown: :hugs:
Like the others have said, am here if you need. :hugs:

Original post by tasha96
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

:grouphugs:

Thanks for all the prayers and support everyone, and some really wonderful verses :smile: you guys are so great. It's still early days and I'm really just trying to keep busy, write about things, and spend as much time as possible with my mum, brother, and sister, but so grateful you guys are here if things go downhill, thank you so much
Original post by Diety
Thanks for all the prayers and support everyone, and some really wonderful verses :smile: you guys are so great. It's still early days and I'm really just trying to keep busy, write about things, and spend as much time as possible with my mum, brother, and sister, but so grateful you guys are here if things go downhill, thank you so much

We've always got your back, whatever happens hun. Will start a rosary soon (wailing along to The Bangles' 'Eternal Flame' atm :colondollar: ) :yep: Writing about things sounds good :yep:
We've always got your back, whatever happens hun. Will start a rosary soon (wailing along to The Bangles' 'Eternal Flame' atm :colondollar: ) :yep: Writing about things sounds good :yep:

Original post by Diety

:ditto: What TLG said :yep:
Reply 994

Thanks TLG :hugs:
Original post by Diety
Thanks TLG :hugs:

That's OK! Just confirming that the rosary has been done. Well, almost 2 rosaries have been done. I did another one today since I couldn't quite finish yesterday's one :colondollar:
Myah, I finally get time for revision and the site is down with all my resources. Why dost thou hate me computers?
Original post by Diety

Praying for you all. And I know it's difficult when you're heading to university and something major is going on with family, but I let family issues ruin my final year of college/the tiny bit of university I completed, and it really wasn't worth it. People are stronger than you think, and I'm sure they'll let you know if there's anything you can do to help them. (I'm just saying this because I always felt that I was 'abandoning' my family by being away from them and studying, and only after a lot of stress did I realise that it was the best thing I could be doing with my time, and things always work out in the end)
Has anybody been watching England v Turkey?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trust in the LORD. Have faith, do not despair. Trust in the LORD. -Psalm 27:14

Love God-incedinces. :love: This was just what I needed to hear today and it jumped out at me. :smile: God always knows what you need to hear, even if you don't. :yep:

Hope everyone is well. :grouphugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending