The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
He's too busy being a Durham A Grade Socialite if his FB feed is anything to go bye...the man never sleeps.

You're back :teeth:

:teehee:
Original post by Mazzini
You're back :teeth:

:teehee:

Course i'm back baby!

Not for long though, moving into a new house next week and buying internet is not high on our to do list, then the babies going to be here so...it will go lower.
Reply 1582
Course i'm back baby!

Not for long though, moving into a new house next week and buying internet is not high on our to do list, then the babies going to be here so...it will go lower.

Haven't seen you around in... ages :emo:

:tongue:

Hope the birth goes well! :hugs:
Original post by Mazzini
Haven't seen you around in... ages :emo:

:tongue:

Hope the birth goes well! :hugs:

It will we have no fears this time!
Course i'm back baby!

BABIES?!?!?!?!? :gah:

Congratulations! :h: :woo: :yay:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
BABIES?!?!?!?!? :gah:

Congratulations! :h: :woo: :yay:

Hell yea!

Little girl this time, the wifes almost 26 weeks, but she looks like shes 50 or something, it's a bit hillarious everyone who sees her thinks she's either about to pop tomorrow or is carrying triplets.
Hell yea!

Little girl this time, the wifes almost 26 weeks, but she looks like shes 50 or something, it's a bit hillarious everyone who sees her thinks she's either about to pop tomorrow or is carrying triplets.

Awww, I'm so thrilled for you and your wife! How exciting! Little girls are the best, obviously. Unbiased opinion :ninja:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
guys I'm bit worried and need prayers. I've got neurology appointment tomorrow and they are going to tell me if I've got epilepsy or worse multiple sclerosis. really scared as I don't think I'll cope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hell yea!

congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
guys I'm bit worried and need prayers. I've got neurology appointment tomorrow and they are going to tell me if I've got epilepsy or worse multiple sclerosis. really scared as I don't think I'll cope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ****, I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was as serious as that. Big hugs and lots of prayers from here! Do PM if that would help at all (am on family laptop though so if I don't reply I'm not ignoring you - just means I've been kicked off the laptop!) :hugs:
Oh ****, I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was as serious as that. Big hugs and lots of prayers from here! Do PM if that would help at all (am on family laptop though so if I don't reply I'm not ignoring you - just means I've been kicked off the laptop!) :hugs:

thanks and no worries, totally understand!

it's been going on for ages but with jaw surgery (for something completely unrelated, they love me in the hospital! ) coming up, it's not going to be easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks and no worries, totally understand!

it's been going on for ages but with jaw surgery (for something completely unrelated, they love me in the hospital! ) coming up, it's not going to be easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hun, jaw surgery too? :frown:

Well I'm not sure that I should pray for it to be epilepsy rather than MS but I will certainly be praying for you in general (if it were myself in that situation, I certainly wouldn't want MS but that's just me :colondollar: ) :jumphug:
Reply 1592
Many thanks to all for your prayers.

Original post by Alpha brah
Thanks ever so much :biggrin: It's fine if he's not around much, I'll search round my local Waterstones and such for books by Lewis. :smile:

Mere Christianity is a good general start :yep:

Original post by Alice_95
Hello everyone, sorry for my long absence, I am currently on my first nursing placement! Please could you all pray for my grandfather Edward, who had a stroke yesterday and is in hospital. I hope you are all well :smile:

Praying :sadnod:

I know! :teehee: I have summoned him back though :colone:

I want to know how he's getting on in Durham :colone:
Original post by Aula
Many thanks to all for your prayers.

Anytime hun, just glad you asked us to pray :hugs:

I want to know how he's getting on in Durham :colone:

Indeed! Well he said he would come and post something, so I will prod him if he doesn't, until he does! :colone:
Oh hun, jaw surgery too? :frown:

Well I'm not sure that I should pray for it to be epilepsy rather than MS but I will certainly be praying for you in general (if it were myself in that situation, I certainly wouldn't want MS but that's just me :colondollar: ) :jumphug:

yeah epilepsy is what I would prefer if it comes down to it. multiple sclerosis scares me as it could potentially mean I'll end up not being able to walk. wouldn't help that I've got fibromyalgia.

jaw surgery sounds quite fun :tongue: but would get rid of sleep apnea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah epilepsy is what I would prefer if it comes down to it. multiple sclerosis scares me as it could potentially mean I'll end up not being able to walk. wouldn't help that I've got fibromyalgia.

My cousin has fibromyalgia and some doctors thought I might have ME in the past. Such a debilitating condition. Clearly you are such a strong person to keep going with all these obstacles though, and to not let it affect your faith in God :hugs:

That is also what terrifies me about MS. It sounds so scary. Really praying it's not that, hun :sadnod:

jaw surgery sounds quite fun :tongue: but would get rid of sleep apnea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I guess that would be quite good, not to have sleep apnea :hugs:
My cousin has fibromyalgia and some doctors thought I might have ME in the past. Such a debilitating condition. Clearly you are such a strong person to keep going with all these obstacles though, and to not let it affect your faith in God :hugs:

That is also what terrifies me about MS. It sounds so scary. Really praying it's not that, hun :sadnod:

Ah I guess that would be quite good, not to have sleep apnea :hugs:

I must admit having certain conditions test my faith from time to time but in the end I turn into prayers anyway. Yeah ME is pretty scary. I was checked for RA in the past but thankfully it's negative.

yeah surgery would be good as I won't have to sleep like a robot lol (mask in my face all night)

off the topic now, do you think that contacting the local churches would help in regards to charity? really want to do a food drive for the typhoon victims in the philippines and I heard some churches are involved but not sure if I should contact or not..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I must admit having certain conditions test my faith from time to time but in the end I turn into prayers anyway. Yeah ME is pretty scary. I was checked for RA in the past but thankfully it's negative.

yeah surgery would be good as I won't have to sleep like a robot lol (mask in my face all night)

I really admire that you still keep the faith - it's incredible to me :colondollar:

Sleeping like a robot def doesn't sound like fun :no:

off the topic now, do you think that contacting the local churches would help in regards to charity? really want to do a food drive for the typhoon victims in the philippines and I heard some churches are involved but not sure if I should contact or not..

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no such thing as off-topic in here :biggrin: I think it would be worth contacting various parish priests and asking them what they are doing :yes:
I really admire that you still keep the faith - it's incredible to me :colondollar:

Sleeping like a robot def doesn't sound like fun :no:

There's no such thing as off-topic in here :biggrin: I think it would be worth contacting various parish priests and asking them what they are doing :yes:

yeah definitely gonna contact local churches now.

anyways going to bed now, gnight :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1599
Original post by Alpha brah
I'll look for it in a bookshop, thanks :smile: Is Diety in this society? Will ask him/her if I see them around :biggrin:

Lo and he descended unto them!

Hi there, I just thought I'd give you the low down on C.S. Lewis' theological works (or the ones I think might be relevant to you):

Miracles was the first CS Lewis book I ever read and I was absolutely hooked from then on - as TLG said, before I read it I was a very hardline atheist and anti-theist, but after I would describe myself as being a 'doubting atheist', mainly just because it put in my mind that this God stuff might be true, and led me to think about it more.

The Problem of Pain is the best answer I have read to the question of why is there pain in the world.

Mere Christianity is also great just for explaining all of the key beliefs; it is particularly good for understanding atonement.

But yes, I would recomend reading Miracles first :smile:

If you have any questions, I am happy to try to answer, I am a theology student you know :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending