The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bordercollies10
I've already posted a prayer request here this week, but I could really feel the benefit of it from last time.
Anyway, I've applied for a PGDE and I still can't send my application due to my references not replying (or so it would seem, maybe there's a glitch in the UCAS system). I'm really worried because teaching is something I'd love to do, and I really dont feel up for a gap year.
Any help/advice is appreciated, prayer can work two ways so I can pray for you too - just send me a message!! :-)
God bless :-)
x

have you contacted your refrences directly (i.e. not through them being sent a notification to provide a refrence via UCAS but actually calling them?)
Mark 9:

Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”

“From childhood,” he answered. “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”

“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CasualSoul
have you contacted your refrences directly (i.e. not through them being sent a notification to provide a refrence via UCAS but actually calling them?)

I've sent an email to both, but only one of them has replied :-)
Reply 1783
Original post by CasualSoul
x

Although I have watched it before (many months back), thanks for your signature!! Much needed :h: :hugs:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Hey pol!

hi, just had a read through the last few posts, pretty interesting stuff

I'll come back later :tongue:
Original post by + polarity -
hi, just had a read through the last few posts, pretty interesting stuff

I'll come back later :tongue:

We all miss you.
Original post by bananaminion
Oohh I hope you don't mind me totally butting in but I couldn't let that go without saying something - I think you're being a fluffy liberal.
But seriously, I think if you go down that route, that the Bible isn't exactly as God intended (...?) or totally accurate (...?) then it brings the truth of and validity of the whole Bible into question and none of it is trustworthy.
I don't think that God dictated it, but I do believe that every single word was inspired, and exactly as originally intended by God (in the Hebrew & Greek, that is).
I'll agree that the God of the OT doesn't seem like "ours" but he is exactly the same as that of the NT; he never changes. But his actions, and the actions of his people were dictated, I guess, by sin. As in, somebody sins - God being totally just and perfect punishes them. In the NT it's a different situation because of Jesus changing everything but it's still the same God.
But yeah, forgive me if I completely misunderstood you and hope you don't mind me butting innn

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think God changed, per se - not saying that. I'm saying people's understanding of God changed, through Jesus. Before that, I think people didn't understand the love God had for them and so a lot of things may have got misattributed. I'm no Biblical scholar and I'm perfectly open to being wrong, but that's my take on it at present.

I'm not sola scriptura, so I guess my take on things is naturally gonna be different to yours :dontknow:

But I respect your viewpoint and thank you for speaking up :yep: :hugs: :yep:

:ditto:

TLG you know I've got massive respect for you and love you hugely, but God is the same in the past, today and forever. With the OT (I'm currently reading a lot of it) I think the overwhelming feeling is not the things God has done that seem bad and confusing, but the love God has for His people, and the mercy He shows them when no one else would. God gives many chances and is truly loving and deserving of worship.

I agree that the overwhelming feeling from the OT is the love God has for His people. I'm not saying God doesn't deserve worship - I just think loads of the random killings and doom and gloom of it weren't necessarily actually God's doing - just what people thought God was doing at the time.

But you know I love and respect you hugely too, so we'll just agree to disagree, but I thank you too for speaking up on this :hugs: :yep: :hugs:

:beard:

:hi:

Original post by bordercollies10
Thank you!!!! :smile:
I just read the poem! It's a beautiful piece of writing, I.would recommend reading it too :smile:

I'm also.worried about my PGDE application, I did leave it a bit too late but I'm sure that God will safeguard the process no matter what. Again, I have to soldier on!!'

Thanks. :-D

Glad you liked it! I will keep praying for you :yep:

Original post by navarre
Hi guys, I found a church that I've been to for the past two Sundays. It's not my usual, extremely energetic service, but I still enjoy the service. It's a Baptist church, and 10 min walk away, with a mixture of young and old congregants.

Praise the Lord! :woo: :jebus: :yeah:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hi:

We all miss you.

:grouphugs:

I'm sorry

but my time here is ogre

no rly, I think I need to log out for a few days, I've got sooo much work to do and I need to reduce the number of distractions :tongue:

just responding to some PMs then I am outttt

I will speak to you later!
wait how will I reply to the responses if I'm logged out

I didn't think this through
'kin hell such a mess lmao :facepalm2:
wait how will I reply to the responses if I'm logged out

I didn't think this through

:jumphug: get internet blocker, set it for a few hours at a time, power through work, win!
Reply 1791
'kin hell such a mess lmao :facepalm2:

I know I shouldn't laugh at an unfortunate shenanigans of another person, but that cheered me up :lol:
:jumphug: get internet blocker, set it for a few hours at a time, power through work, win!

okay album's over, cya! :colondollar:

Original post by IDukem
I know I shouldn't laugh at an unfortunate shenanigans of another person, but that cheered me up :lol:

:unimpressed:
Reply 1793

:unimpressed:

Sorry :sad: Good luck for whatever it is that needs doing!! Every word you type means you're one word closer to finishing the cancuker :yep:
okay, I've read through the brief several times, and I've started reading through some lecture notes, still have ~no idea what I'm meant to be doing, oopsie!
okay, I've read through the brief several times, and I've started reading through some lecture notes, still have ~no idea what I'm meant to be doing, oopsie!

:hugs: it'll all work out!

:console: Channel your inner Dory! "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." :h:
Hey guys - Newbie here! My name is Vicky, Christian and I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. Looking forward to chatting to all of you (:
Original post by wristbands
Hey guys - Newbie here! My name is Vicky, Christian and I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. Looking forward to chatting to all of you (:

Hi Vicky,

Welcome to X Soc! We are so glad you found us! Have some welcome Hotel Chocolat chocolates! *offers* :biggrin:
Original post by wristbands

:bigsmile::hello::hi:
Welcome to the thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending