The Student Room Group

Consequences of missing couple of weeks for holidays.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KnightFall
Ok, Iv'e recently joined the student room not only to get some help, but to explore and learn as much as possible. Right now, i am fazed with the idea that what happens if i miss, say two weeks, of university? Let me know the consequences guys, I will be kindly waiting for replies :smile:

i've just missed 4 weeks myself. it depends on your uni and your course, it doesn't matter that much where i am provided you pass your exams, but if you fail then they will do you in for non-attendance

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think telling them you're missing their lectures and seminars because of a holiday would be a huge mistake but the consequences depend entirely on your school policy. Can't you go during an actual break?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I think telling them you're missing their lectures and seminars because of a holiday would be a huge mistake but the consequences depend entirely on your school policy. Can't you go during an actual break?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not only that, but if the OP is just starting at uni, then it makes a bad first impression.
I can hardly believe you're considering this, such a bad impression, and if I may say so, not a very good attitude.

Your course should be your priority, and your department will expect that it is. Like some people have said, you could get away with non-registered lectures, but not seminars/tutorials/labs or anything like that which you have!

And even if you did get away with it, it would have a serious impact on the rest of your semester.

I have missed large amounts of session in the last semester I did (up to 45% in one module) due to illness, but my absences were very rarely seminars/tutorial, and were spread throughout the semester, so catch-up work was much more manageable. I wouldn't recommend it though, especially if you're in first year because learning from lectures does require more than just copying off whatever's on the slides that get put online.

One of my lecturers knew about my absences and the reason behind it, and actually commented that she was pleased with my good standard of work *considering*. But if you're going off for a holiday...they will not be impressed, even if you still somehow managed a first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending