The Student Room Group

Been refused taxi receipt claims because they are black cabs!

I get transport allowance back home when my health gets to bad which includes a taxi journey to the station and back, and also a train journey to and from home. I live in London so I use black cabs only because I have had several bad experiences with booked cabs. I ALWAYS get a receipt for the journey, but obviously because they are independent black cabs sometimes there are no further details on the receipt except 'licensed black cab', a logo, the fare amount and the taxi drivers signature. I have been claiming for nearly two years for these taxi journeys (always black cabs) which cost £30 a time and I've never had a problem.

Today I received an email to tell me I will not be getting reimbursed for the taxi journeys because they did not provide enough details of the journey on the receipts. I am now left out of pocket by several hundred pounds and I think its extremely unfair as its never been an issue before and I was only told to get a receipt with a taxi - not specifically what it must have written on it. I also think its unfair for them to just start this rule now, leaving me with a backlog of receipts that I now cant claim for.

Is there an appeal process? or has anyone else had this situation?
Reply 1
I'd go back to your funding body and ask why they have been refused and ask what you are supposed to do with the receipts for a recommended strategy. They should give notice of changes.
Reply 2
I am just starting York uni this year and have got my paperwork from dsa for a taxi allowance it says to claim I need to send a recept from a registered or licences taxi company signed by the driver showing the price date time of pick up an time of drop off and place of pick up and place of drop off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending