The Student Room Group

I think I'm in trouble, I'm scared 🥺

So I'm on universal credit, I'm self employed so each month before I can get paid I have to report income and expenses in my online account and sign on every 3 months. I've just realised that sometimes I didn't report expenses like on the form I put 0.00 for expenses when I actually had them because I forgot or didn't consider it an expense but now I know they were expenses I just didn't think and it can't be changed once you submit it so I'm not sure what to do now. Should I tell them but how do I tell them? Should I wait until my next signing on date which will be my last one in a few months though cos I can't claim after that plus for some of the expenses I don't remember as it was months ago what I brought and don't have receipts for, I'm screwed and I'm scared I'll go prison now, anyone? I don't think I will go prison because if I had reported the expenses then I would have been paid more than what I was so technically I've been underpaid for the expenses I didn't report. Anyone else been through this, what can I do? I can't do anything now cos it's out of office hours and they're closed on the weekend, fml these things always happen to me 😞
You're not going to prison over an accidental omission in your expenses.

Log into the UC journal and just ask about it on Monday, they won't be mad, they just prob won't backdate you for expenses you can't now prove.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
You're not going to prison over an accidental omission in your expenses.

Log into the UC journal and just ask about it on Monday, they won't be mad, they just prob won't backdate you for expenses you can't now prove.

Thanks, I did. They reset it for past month so I could start over, with the expenses added I submitted it but they said nothing about a few months ago so I'm guessing it's too late for that and since I don't know if I have receipts for them.
Reply 3
Don't worry, i cannot see you doing time for this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending