The Student Room Group

Mature Students 2014 University Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Wow! Everyone seems to be holding it together so much better than me!

I have my History exam in 8 1/2 hours and I'm really struggling to sleep, especially as I let the pressure get to me last week during my biology exam and had a breakdown so badly that I wasn't fit to finish the paper, have to resit biology next week.
:frown:

Hopefully, I won't be an emotional wreck tomorrow and I'll be able to think clearly in the exam! Fingers crossed!!!
Original post by Samuel1988
Wow! Everyone seems to be holding it together so much better than me!

I have my History exam in 8 1/2 hours and I'm really struggling to sleep, especially as I let the pressure get to me last week during my biology exam and had a breakdown so badly that I wasn't fit to finish the paper, have to resit biology next week.
:frown:

Hopefully, I won't be an emotional wreck tomorrow and I'll be able to think clearly in the exam! Fingers crossed!!!

I have my geography exam tomorrow morning and I am definitely not holding it together! I can't sleep either, I'm not going to get an A so I can pretty much say goodbye to UCL. Good luck with your exam!! Are access course exams as bad as A level exams? Mine is 2 and a half hours! :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
My history exam is 2 hours with 10 minutes reading time.
Imagine doing your A level exams after only a year and that's what an access course is like. Plus, a few people on my course have been out of education for nearly 20 years so it must be even more awful for them :/

Good luck with your geography exam! You never know, you may be able to wing it! :biggrin:
Original post by Samuel1988
My history exam is 2 hours with 10 minutes reading time.
Imagine doing your A level exams after only a year and that's what an access course is like. Plus, a few people on my course have been out of education for nearly 20 years so it must be even more awful for them :/

Good luck with your geography exam! You never know, you may be able to wing it! :biggrin:

Well I have had less than a year to do this A level and I am self studying so I can relate. It is hard. I'll be happy when this is over.
Ouch! that DOES sound bad! Rather you than me! At least I've had someone there to answer my questions all year, must have been alot harder doing it by yourself and having limited support!

And same here, I'm going out for the first time in what feels like forever nd getting blind drunk haha!
Good luck with your exams today guys.

Try not to stress to much I'm sure you know it.

I'm going in to college tonight for my final results !!
Good Luck Honeymom!!! Seems like only yesterday we were all on here excited to start our Access courses!!! :biggrin:
Good luck everyone. I've just got one more piece of coursework to hand in tomorrow and one exam next week. It's gone by so quickly!
Good luck everyone ! Its finally the end. :biggrin:

I've got a test today too. It's chemistry, I'm hoping its going to be okay.

I've got two more exams left. Can't wait for the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I finished Access to Engineering this week, ended up getting 48 distinctions. I'm very pleased with that because I'll now get a £3000 excellence scholarship from Swansea University.
Wow that's awesome. I wish I got a 3k bursary for my distinctions
I handed in my final portfolio today! So far, I'm at 21 distinctions, 27 merits and 3 pass. Just waiting on 9 credits! - Eep, so scary!

Looks like i'm definately off to Exeter in September!

Good luck everyone, especially those of us who have had exams to do!
Original post by Frankston
Well I finished Access to Engineering this week, ended up getting 48 distinctions. I'm very pleased with that because I'll now get a £3000 excellence scholarship from Swansea University.

Well done. :biggrin: I need 50 distinctions for my £3000 scholarship from RHUL. I think I'm there, but still waiting for the last few marks.
Original post by Schadenfreude65
Well done. :biggrin: I need 50 distinctions for my £3000 scholarship from RHUL. I think I'm there, but still waiting for the last few marks.

Good luck to you! 50 is a lot, Swansea University wanted 33.

What kind of exam do you have to do by the way? Our Access course was 100% coursework (with a couple in-class).
I have a physics exam on waves and oscillations. I don't think it will be too hard, and as I'm handing in my last piece of coursework tomorrow, I'll have all weekend, Monday and Tuesday to revise, so I'm not too worried. We've had a mixture of exams and coursework the whole way through, including six 3-hour maths exams. All good preparation for next year, I guess.
Original post by Frankston

Holy cow! Well done, there's an incentive to get those distinctions! My course has an NHS bursary so we don't qualify for any scholarships :frown:
Just completed my portfolio today, got 9 L2 credits at pass, 54 L3 distinctions and 3 L3 Merits in total. Feels good to be finished finally. :smile:
I've finished, everything is handed in :smile:

However, still haven't recieved the credits back from study skills... Which is irritating.

So far I've gotten 24 distinctions, 27 merit and 3 pass. (all level 3)
Well done guys :smile:. It feels awesome doesn't it :smile:.

I've got 45 distinctions. Which was the most we can get.

But I'm still waiting on 15 study skills and IT credits to be graded. I have no idea when we get them back
Well done everyone, it is a fantastic achievement. A little rest now, before Uni x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending