The Student Room Group

Mature Students 2014 University Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I've just finished my last exam, got home and thought, "ok, what do I need to work on next? ... oh, nothing." :biggrin: Feels good. I only needed a merit in the exam to get overall distinction in this module, and it went pretty well. Provisionally I have 60 distinctions, but it won't be official until the external moderator has verified it in the first week of July.
Done and dusted. Provisionally met my offer. School's out!
I was accepted to Southampton Solent for C.G.I today !! Anyone else going to Solent this Sept as a Mature Student? :smile:
Hi I'm due to start Social at nottingham in sep..a group on Facebook has been set up for people due to start in September. It's called undergraduate social work 09/2014..please feel free to add yourself it's a closed group...thought might be nice to say hi before course starts.
Original post by Schadenfreude65
I've just finished my last exam, got home and thought, "ok, what do I need to work on next? ... oh, nothing." :biggrin: Feels good. I only needed a merit in the exam to get overall distinction in this module, and it went pretty well. Provisionally I have 60 distinctions, but it won't be official until the external moderator has verified it in the first week of July.

I know the feeling. I left my last exam and I felt like I am FREEEEE! :colondollar:

I am now counting down the days until I can finally see if I have passed my Access course with MERIT.
Going to solent also

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have a graduation ceremony for our Access course on Friday. To be honest though I'm more excited by the fact that I have now managed to read a book for pleasure rather than study purposes that had absolutely nothing to do with science in any way shape or form.

Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed the access course but it's so nice to have a life again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobertsClan
We have a graduation ceremony for our Access course on Friday. To be honest though I'm more excited by the fact that I have now managed to read a book for pleasure rather than study purposes that had absolutely nothing to do with science in any way shape or form.

Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed the access course but it's so nice to have a life again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't agree more - it is so nice to be able to read for pleasure or watch television or whatever without feeling guilt for doing that when you should be working! I intend to make the most of it over the next couple of months before uni starts! Our Access presentation evening is next Wednesday.
Well after having a MASSIVE breakdown in my Biology exam and having to resit and learn two completely new topics in the space of a week, I got an email to say that I have PASSED!

WOOP WOOP!

Definitely got into uni now and can finally relax and enjoy the summer before my big move to Manchester! :biggrin:

Well done everyone!

​We made it!
Congratulations everyone. :biggrin:
Just got my degree result and I achieved a 2.1!

So I'm off to Cambridge in October to study medicine as a mature student :biggrin:

Congrats everyone!
Finally finished my access course.

51 distinctions, 3 merits and 6 passes. Brighton here I come. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I ended up finishing with 30 Distinctions, 27 Merits and 3 Pass! Going to Exeter in September!
Reply 853
I am. Cant wait till september :smile:
Hi I'm 45 with adult children, one has left home one still at home (part time).
I have a foundation degree in early childhood studies
I have applied to the Open University to complete a degree BA in early years top up
I have applied to student finance for tuition fees so I hope I get it:smile:
Original post by Kelytha
I ended up finishing with 30 Distinctions, 27 Merits and 3 Pass! Going to Exeter in September!

To study what?
Finished with 45 distinctions and 15 merits. Not too bad but my firm university choice wanted distinctions in specific units, which I've just fallen short of achieving.

What are my chances of still being accepted?

If I had gotten only the distinctions they wanted, it would have amounted to only 24 distinctions. Would the fact that I got 45 distinctions in total and no passes help boost my profile?
(edited 9 years ago)
Always worth calling the admissions office and discussing your offer
Original post by Soulitude
To study what?

Sociology. Are you going to Exeter too?
I have got 60 distinctions, so will be off to Bath to study psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending