The Student Room Group

Any british pakistanis moving into student accomodation in manchester?

Looking to see where the pakistanis are applying

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wats a british pakistani.
Reply 2
Yes I'm currently looking to move to a place near Oxford road. Are you also looking for a place?
Reply 3
I'm moving into student halls! :-)
Reply 4
I've moved into private halls in fallowfield.
Hardly anyone here and not many British Pakistanis in the area at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farheenx
I've moved into private halls in fallowfield.
Hardly anyone here and not many British Pakistanis in the area at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooh, what you studying?
Reply 6
Original post by Miss Sweet
ooh, what you studying?

I'm studying Law at bpp university. Which by the looks of it, no one at all has heard of , what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Why do Asians only hang out with each other? You can literally see them roaming about Oxford Rd in gangs - wtf? You can understand why foreigners do it - but you're British? Or do you consider yourself to be somehow alien?

Here's a chance for you to turn a new page in your life, meet new DIFFERENT PEOPLE and all you want to do is clump together for the spurious reason that your ancestors come from Pakistan? Sad.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by sund1ata
Why do Asians only hang out with each other? You can literally see them roaming about Oxford Rd in gangs - wtf? You can understand why foreigners do it - but you're British? Or do you consider yourself to be somehow alien?

Here's a chance for you to turn a new page in your life, meet new DIFFERENT PEOPLE and all you want to do is clump together for the spurious reason that your ancestors come from Pakistan? Sad.

Its a stupid thing to do but why are you being such a idiot about it?
It is a natural response to be with people similar to you're self
Reply 9
Original post by College_Dropout
Its a stupid thing to do but why are you being such a idiot about it?
It is a natural response to be with people similar to you're self

I apologise for my tone, which is off. Sorry for being an idiot. It does genuinely vex me, though. British Pakistanis are insular and conservative (bar the occasional rebel) - and you know this to be true. You don't mix, except with people from your own background. Why is that? People "similar to yourself" are others with whom you have f**k all in common, but your parents speak Urdu?

I apologise for my tone, which is off. Sorry for being an idiot. It does genuinely vex me, though. British Pakistanis are insular and conservative (bar the occasional rebel) - and you know this to be true. You don't mix, except with people from your own background. Why is that? People "similar to yourself" are others with whom you have f**k all in common, but your parents speak Urdu?

Yes all British Pakistanis are insular and conservative. Good logic, I'm sure you've met every single British Pakistani out there :smile:.
Omg i thought tsr was full of people with common sense.. But guess not.

It's natural to want to hang with or live people alike you.. I've lived in this country since nursery however I still prefer to hang out with my own race due to culture differences.. There's a better understanding.
Reply 12
I never said "all", you did. I am saying many, or even most. This is a definite tendency, a strong one. Are you calling my observation false? Does it not ring any bells for you? If not, say so!

Reply 13
Original post by 123formyabc
Omg i thought tsr was full of people with common sense.. But guess not.

It's natural to want to hang with or live people alike you.. I've lived in this country since nursery however I still prefer to hang out with my own race due to culture differences.. There's a better understanding.

So, you are saying that "culture differences" are somehow a BAD thing? Isn't variety supposed to be "the spice of life"? People "alike" you are... Urdu speakers? Give me a break!

You seem to be quite clueless, generally speaking I am more likely to have more things in common with someone similar to me. If I am a Pakistanis I am likely to be a Muslim, as a Muslim I do not drink alcohol and have been brought up in a British Pakistani culture. As a student, I am likely to go out most nights getting pissed out of my head. As a Muslim at Uni were most people are planning on going freshers week, I would think its wise to go make some friends who will not be doing this.
"You don't mix"
You don't know me
I am not a Pakistani so stop referring to me as one.
Reply 15
And here's another thing: WHY THE F*CK do you call White people "English" WHEN YOU ARE ENGLISH, TOO! Jeez. It's totally wrong-headed to call people English based on ethnicity. Stop that stupid sh*t.

So, you are saying that "culture differences" are somehow a BAD thing? Isn't variety supposed to be "the spice of life"? People "alike" you are... Urdu speakers? Give me a break!

I did not say it was bad I said preferred. Anyways your arguments sound like your trolling so I'm not even going to go there..
College tomorrow goodnight.
I never said "all", you did. I am saying many, or even most. This is a definite tendency, a strong one. Are you calling my observation false? Does it not ring any bells for you? If not, say so!

If that was your intention you should have made it clear, writing 'British Pakistanis are insular and conservative' suggests you mean ALL as you are saying it collectively. Yes I am saying your observation is false. How can you say the majority of people within a race act a certain way? Maybe some of the older generation tend to not integrate but personally I'd put that down to language barriers.
Reply 18
Original post by College_Dropout
You seem to be quite clueless,
I am not a Pakistani so stop referring to me as one.

Really? An easy mistake to make when referring to a thread on British Pakistanis, don't you think?

I am also teetotal and don't get smashed on nights out. It's not exclusive to British Pakistanis as you know full well that many will be knocking a fair few back and getting sh*t-faced now they have escaped their parents, even if it is in secret.

Reply 19
Angel Iced, this observation is not false. A patient observer will notice this. Stand on Oxford Rd and watch it for yourself. You won't typically see hijabistas mix with others, for example. True or false?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending