The Student Room Group

Best slimming pills?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lucine.B
I wouldn't recommend you use slimming pills. Just eat healthily and you'll be fine. Recording what you eat each day is very helpful :smile: you're more likely to loose weight that way.

Thanks hunnie, I think I'll give it a miss.. I've started recording what I eat in order to stay on a 1000 calories so I think I'll stick to that, thanks again hun

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by nexttime
Little bit of Neoplasm never hurt anyone.

Google.

Use slimming pills with caution. They are all of questionable safety and whether they work or not is dubious too. They are no substitute for a healthy diet and exercise regime.

Oh okay thanks for the information!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by rainbow.panda
Sorry to break it to you but there is no pill that is going to make you lose weight, or at least not safely. The only way to do so without surgery is to go on a diet and get regular exercise. If you're not willing to do that then there's really nothing you can do :dontknow:

I'm going to the gym and I've been told I'm loosin weight but I just can't see it.. Pills don't seem like a good idea so I'll stick to the gym. Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by SoniaTwizere
I've cut out all junk food and I'm on a 1000 calories per day but diets and me don work

Posted from TSR Mobile

1000 calories? That doesn't seem enough to me.
Reply 24
Original post by meenu89
1000 calories? That doesn't seem enough to me.

It isn't but it'll do haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Tai Ga
i've heard of this new thing called Raspberry ketones that are becoming incredibly popular. But they are expensive- well the legit ones anyway.

Thanks Hun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
It isn't but it'll do haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm no fitness expert but I think you'll do yourself some damage by trying to maintain that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Frankly, any over-the-counter legal weight loss drugs are a waste of time. The few that do work have serious, potentially lethal side effects, and should really be avoided.
Reply 28
Nothing over the counter will work; the drugs that do work are potent stimulants and shouldn't realistically be used by the average person just looking to trim down a little
Reply 29
Thanks hunnie, I think I'll give it a miss.. I've started recording what I eat in order to stay on a 1000 calories so I think I'll stick to that, thanks again hun

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile:
But may i suggest that you don't reduce you calorie intake just fat intake. This is because as you probably know when you eat so little your body stores the fat so that next time when you don't eat or eat very little it won't use up all its energy as you have stored fat meaning you'll basically get fatter as it'll just keep storing and storing.
Just stick to the RDA of 2000 and stick to every other RDA you'll fine. Also record all the exercises you do and for how long you do them. :smile:
Not safe. Especially at your age.
Reply 31
Amphetamine.
Reply 32
No problem :smile:
But may i suggest that you don't reduce you calorie intake just fat intake. This is because as you probably know when you eat so little your body stores the fat so that next time when you don't eat or eat very little it won't use up all its energy as you have stored fat meaning you'll basically get fatter as it'll just keep storing and storing.
Just stick to the RDA of 2000 and stick to every other RDA you'll fine. Also record all the exercises you do and for how long you do them. :smile:

Nota bene, reducing fat intake on its own isn't especially helpful. Fat is an important part of the diet and also greatly increases satiety (makes you feel full). Everything in moderation!

The energy from carbohydrates and peptides can also be stored in fat reserves; it's not just ingested fat that gets stored. You've mentioned the starvation response, which doesn't really become an issue until you cut your caloric intake to >~1200cal / day. OP, work out your actual needs, count your calories properly, subtract 500 (surprisingly little!) per day and you'll lose around 1lb per week.

edit - and don't start popping clen or dnp or anything stupid!
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone know what are the best slimming pills for females? I'm 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

DONT buy pills, ffs loosing weight isn't hard.
Just don't eat junk food and you can eat as much fruit and veg as you like as it virtually has no fat.
Reply 34
I go to the gym but I want to loose weight fast

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't everyone.

It's not possible safely. Loose it overtime, it's far better and it's more likely to stay that way because the good dietary changes you have made that have been going on for 6 months are more likely to stick.

When you look back at what you used to eat you'll want to be sick.
Reply 35
Original post by alex193
Nota bene, reducing fat intake on its own isn't especially helpful. Fat is an important part of the diet and also greatly increases satiety (makes you feel full). Everything in moderation!

The energy from carbohydrates and peptides can also be stored in fat reserves; it's not just ingested fat that gets stored. You've mentioned the starvation response, which doesn't really become an issue until you cut your caloric intake to >~1200cal / day. OP, work out your actual needs, count your calories properly, subtract 500 (surprisingly little!) per day and you'll lose around 1lb per week.

edit - and don't start popping clen or dnp or anything stupid!

I only said reduce fat because i assumed maybe she was eating more than she needed to.Of course fat is important to your diet. I'd just stick to the GDA versus exceeding that amount so I was eating a healthy balanced diet :smile:
Also she said she cut her calorific intake to 1000 which is less than 1200 that's why i said what i said.

'clen or dnp'??? Explain please.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 36
I only said reduce fat because i assumed maybe she was eating more than she needed to.Of course fat is important to your diet. I'd just stick to the GDA versus exceeding that amount so I was eating a healthy balanced diet :smile:
Also she said she cut her calorific intake to 1000 which is less than 1200 that's why i said what i said.

'clen or dnp'??? Explain please.

OP wants to lose weight though, so if her actual needs are only, say, 1800, then she'd gain weight on 2000 :tongue:
They're two weight loss drugs, clenbuterol and dinitrophenol. Abuse of either can kill.
Reply 37
Original post by alex193
OP wants to lose weight though, so if her actual needs are only, say, 1800, then she'd gain weight on 2000 :tongue:
They're two weight loss drugs, clenbuterol and dinitrophenol. Abuse of either can kill.

Hahaha of course :biggrin: I get what you mean. Check your needs OP for my needs I eat up to 1715 calories/day..or i try to lol :tongue:

Ah yes assumed as much, i stay away from weight loss drugs all together. The worst thing I've done is purge constantly. But I know that's neither a safe or healthy way to loose weight. Healthy dieting is the best :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by meenu89
I'm no fitness expert but I think you'll do yourself some damage by trying to maintain that.

Mmm maybe I'll add more later on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by alex193
Frankly, any over-the-counter legal weight loss drugs are a waste of time. The few that do work have serious, potentially lethal side effects, and should really be avoided.

I think I'll avoid them before I cause myself any damage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest