The Student Room Group

The German Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
They are 22 and 23 years old(i.e. Gnabry and Coman) and they are very good players.

It will take time for them to grow into personalities. Remember this Bayern squad were a gang of bottlers until 2013 and they had personalities like Ribery/Van Bommel/Schweinsteigger/Lahm etc back in 2010, Van Gaal and Heynckes just did a great job developing players and then they bought wisely.

Neuer
Kimmich, Sule, Lucas, Alaba
Tolisso/new DM
Thiago, Goretzka
Gnabry, New Striker, Coman

That team can easily last for 5 years and all the players are young enough to develop into world class players if they are not already.

It doesn't strike fear like the old Bayern team because at international level they haven't done much, other than Neuer, Tolisso and Lucas nobody has won an international trophy in that side, or even gone to a semi final. Ribery, Robben, Boateng, Hummels, Lahm, Martinez, Schweinsteigger, Kroos, Muller, Gustavo, Vidal, Gomez, Klose all had that kinda experience. They're also perceived as part of the old generation.

Bayern will buy better and get better in the process. It's a bit annoying that English clubs bought so badly back in the early 2010s, players were available for cheap even while adjusting for inflation but we'd go with the worse option for whatever reason...
oops. was going to say that Dortmund are gonna do so and so but Bayern have to lose. Not yet :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi I am currently beginning to fall in love with German Football, due to the Youth Systems, stadium atmospheres and attractive football. Currently I support Man United in the PL, since I have grown up watching them due to my family, and they will remain my lifelong team. Since I have started watching Bundesliga too, I want to start following an actual Bundesliga team too. I dont want to be that guy who just supports the best teams aka the glory hunter (Bayern Munich)...

I have reallly liked 3 teams who are RB Leipzig because of their youth development and because they are an upcoming team who play amazing brand of football, Dortmund because of their underdog nature and the fact that they have one of the best atmospheres ive ever seen, and lastly Bayer Leverkusen because of Brandt and Havertz , also due to their new coach who plays really good football.

Which teams do you guys recommend i should support, im not sure about Leverkusen in particular because of the longevity on Brandt and Havertz as they may leave in a few seasons, and im not sure about how much leverkusen can progress in the future compared to Dortmund and Leipzig.

Thanks and all help appreciated!
Hertha
Original post by baqz786
Hi I am currently beginning to fall in love with German Football, due to the Youth Systems, stadium atmospheres and attractive football. Currently I support Man United in the PL, since I have grown up watching them due to my family, and they will remain my lifelong team. Since I have started watching Bundesliga too, I want to start following an actual Bundesliga team too. I dont want to be that guy who just supports the best teams aka the glory hunter (Bayern Munich)...

I have reallly liked 3 teams who are RB Leipzig because of their youth development and because they are an upcoming team who play amazing brand of football, Dortmund because of their underdog nature and the fact that they have one of the best atmospheres ive ever seen, and lastly Bayer Leverkusen because of Brandt and Havertz , also due to their new coach who plays really good football.

Which teams do you guys recommend i should support, im not sure about Leverkusen in particular because of the longevity on Brandt and Havertz as they may leave in a few seasons, and im not sure about how much leverkusen can progress in the future compared to Dortmund and Leipzig.

Thanks and all help appreciated!
Whys that then?
Original post by Zürich
Hertha

Why Hertha?

Quick Reply

Latest