The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge postgraduate applicants 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sdc1990
Just found this thread...fascinating! I can see where the wording could be intended to make students think they cannot turn down a college's offer, rather than actually meaning that if they turn down the offer from a college, they turn down the university's offer, in effect.

Mind sharing how this turned out?

Original post by JimmyLondon
Just read through this whole thread, and am painfully curious as to what happened with OPs college choice conundrum!

The OP was a fruitcake with a grammar obsession. Trust those of us who have spent many years in the Cambridge/College system and know it well (including College changes). You cannot change a College offer on a whim. You may certainly lose your place if you reject your first College offer. Every year there are a few exceptions such as a disability a College cannot deal with as well as another College, a College scholarship award etc. So stories will always be out there, but the common operating principle between all Colleges is that they do not allow transfers without necessities (as opposed to wishes, whims and other minor 'reasons').
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by threeportdrift
The OP was a fruitcake with a grammar obsession. Trust those of us who have spent many years in the Cambridge/College system and know it well (including College changes). You cannot change a College offer on a whim. You may certainly lose your place if you reject your first College offer. Every year there are a few exceptions such as a disability a College cannot deal with as well as another College, a College scholarship award etc. So stories will always be out there, but the common operating principle between all Colleges is that they do not allow transfers without necessities (as opposed to wishes, whims and other minor 'reasons').

Oh yes absolutely, I have no doubt that attempting such a thing would be fruitless - just curious to see how he got on :rolleyes:
Hi all, I was looking at applying for the MPhil in Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the time demands placed on students attempting the course part-time and whether or not sufficient online support exists in order to complete this on top of a full-time job?

I appreciate that this may be a stupid question.
I really hope Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies means unofficial offer. I applied for PhD in Education and I found out the status change on the self-service webpage. Just in case I don't get offer from Cambridge, I am preparing a totally new research proposal to submit to Oxford at the moment. It is pain in the ass!
Original post by bonnieinuk
I really hope Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies means unofficial offer. I applied for PhD in Education and I found out the status change on the self-service webpage. Just in case I don't get offer from Cambridge, I am preparing a totally new research proposal to submit to Oxford at the moment. It is pain in the ass!

This is the thread for this year http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2829973&page=37&p=53065591#post53065591 :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending