The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

First timer - query about funding

Hi

I applied for a tuition fee loan on Friday to support my OU degree. I work full time and was born and lived in England all my life. I applied online giving my passport details and the status says 'processing'.

However my first module is supposed to begin in October and I am worried I have left it too late to apply for the funding. I only applied for the OU course this week too (nothing like leaving it until the last minute lol!) How long does the process usually take?

I will be unable to finance my degree without the funding so worried that I have signed up for an OU course and will be liable for charges. I have only registered for a place not enroled just yet but I only have until 5th September to verify funding.

I am probably worrying unnecessarily but I have never applied to the OU or dealt with student finance before so would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Reply 1
I was getting worried too. It took about 5 weeks to get mine processed and I'm waiting for the confirmation to arrive in the post which I have to sign and send back.

You've applied before the deadline so it'll be fine.
What course are you doing?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Hi Xavii

Thanks for your message.

I have changed my mind a few times; applied for an Open Degree, then (Q54) Leadership and Management but have decided on (Q70) Business Studies with accounting pathway. I have been in touch with OU so hopefully they can sort it out.

I do feel abit daft keep changing my mind but there are so many courses to choose from the Business School, the modules all link to similiar paths and I just got overwhelmed with it all! It's my first time so hopefully the OU will let me off :biggrin:

I received an email today from Student Finance to say they received my online application and will be in touch asap. I did give my passport details online so they are probably having a laugh at the photo! Hopefully not long to go and then all set to enrol for real for October.

How about you? what course have you chosen?

Quick Reply

Latest