The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Just chill out and relax when you're doing it. Getting chatting to your examiner, I was talking about University to mine and he was telling me about his daughter's time there. Make 'friends' with them!
It flies by SO quickly but once it's over you'll feel so much better.
Good luck!
Reply 61
I have my next test booked for the 6th September how many hours would you all recommend until the next test that I take with my instructor? I will be driving privately in my boyfriends car for an hour or two a week alongside

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by 747-400
Just chill out and relax when you're doing it. Getting chatting to your examiner, I was talking about University to mine and he was telling me about his daughter's time there. Make 'friends' with them!
It flies by SO quickly but once it's over you'll feel so much better.
Good luck!

Thanks matey but I failed :frown: he was so hard to talk to as well !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by misswalton
Thanks matey but I failed :frown: he was so hard to talk to as well !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man sorry I didn't realise you'd already done it.
Oh well, you can always give it another shot and hopefully you'll get a different examiner next time!
I got mine coming up end of the month,only thing i am not confident with is roundabouts
Reply 65
Original post by needtosucceed=)
sorry to hear that :frown: I failed my first test too
what were ur majors and minors for?

The first was for undertaking
Second was for leaving indicator on around a roundabout when going straight on (people behind would have thought I was turning left 😞)
Third was for a car having to move out to give me room after I pulled out behind a parked car (it wazzed it round a corner and I did not see it lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The first was for undertaking
Second was for leaving indicator on around a roundabout when going straight on (people behind would have thought I was turning left 😞)
Third was for a car having to move out to give me room after I pulled out behind a parked car (it wazzed it round a corner and I did not see it lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah thats bad luck :frown:

good luck next time! :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by BritBoyWonder
I got mine coming up end of the month,only thing i am not confident with is roundabouts

I don't think anyone is to start with but when you get to your test its like a moment of clarity and you won't get that many anyway mate. I got two big roundabouts and the small stupid ones. When's your test? Is it your first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ah thats bad luck :frown:

good luck next time! :smile:

Thanks I need it lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think anyone is to start with but when you get to your test its like a moment of clarity and you won't get that many anyway mate. I got two big roundabouts and the small stupid ones. When's your test? Is it your first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck next time.Yeah its my first im dreading it,its on the 27th im just hoping all goes well.
Reply 70
Original post by BritBoyWonder
Best of luck next time.Yeah its my first im dreading it,its on the 27th im just hoping all goes well.

Don't be nervous mate honestly it's nowhere near as bad as you think you have to concentrate so much that your nerves fly out the window, will keep my fingers crossed 4 you 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't be nervous mate honestly it's nowhere near as bad as you think you have to concentrate so much that your nerves fly out the window, will keep my fingers crossed 4 you ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks love you too :borat:
Reply 72
I passed mine yesterday first go with no minors. The guy said there's nothing to debrief on and handed me the certificate :P

Make sure you don't say it's your first time otherwise they will try hard to look for faults and give you minors. Say it's your third/fourth test and they will be lenient. Just take your time in whatever you do, there's no rush. Ask him for directions if you forget.
Reply 73
Original post by prince_s9
I passed mine yesterday first go with no minors. The guy said there's nothing to debrief on and handed me the certificate :P

Make sure you don't say it's your first time otherwise they will try hard to look for faults and give you minors. Say it's your third/fourth test and they will be lenient. Just take your time in whatever you do, there's no rush. Ask him for directions if you forget.

Ah well bully for you lol, no, well don't that's fab. Happy driving!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by Alii_786
Aww bless you, but don't worry ... Next time you take the test, you'll know what to expect and you'll be less nervous :smile:

Ah, trust me I need all the luck and prayers as I can get :/ Really want to pass but so nervous - bananas are key LOL :biggrin:

How did you get on? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
How did you get on? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Failed :frown: Feel absolutely awful :frown:
Got 2 majors :frown: Hate left corner reverse with a passion :frown:
Failed :frown: Feel absolutely awful :frown:
Got 2 majors :frown: Hate left corner reverse with a passion :frown:

Don't worry, that was the manoeuvre I got too. It was a horrible corner as well, one of the weird sweeping ones, not a normal corner :/. I didn't even finish it, you know when sometimes the car just doesn't want to pull round? That combined with nerves just made it an absolute mess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by LouiseOrd
Don't worry, that was the manoeuvre I got too. It was a horrible corner as well, one of the weird sweeping ones, not a normal corner :/. I didn't even finish it, you know when sometimes the car just doesn't want to pull round? That combined with nerves just made it an absolute mess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know exactly how you feel - mine got stuck too, and it just made the situation worse :frown: Really, really annoyed :frown:
I know exactly how you feel - mine got stuck too, and it just made the situation worse :frown: Really, really annoyed :frown:

She said to me 'let's just leave this one now' and my heart just dropped. I was just numb the for the next 25 minutes of my test and then just cried the whole way home and crawled into bed when I got in and stayed in bed all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by LouiseOrd
She said to me 'let's just leave this one now' and my heart just dropped. I was just numb the for the next 25 minutes of my test and then just cried the whole way home and crawled into bed when I got in and stayed in bed all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, same thing - I was stuck, she goes turn left and drive on - don't know how I lasted throughout the rest of the test :frown: Not in a good mood, dreading my results tomorrow as well now :frown: Why couldn't we get any different manoeuvre? :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending