The Student Room Group

Mock tests fail

Hi everyone tomorrow I'll complete 40 hours of driving lessons with 4 mock tests
First one was awful with 6 serious and so many silly mistakes
2nd with one dangerous and 6 minors
And the 3th today was almost okay but I passed Amber light twice and one mistake by going to the right lane before roundabout because I thought is a 3th exit,so as I was signalling my instructor told me don't change you'll be in wrong lane. Not to mention the way from home to the test point I stopped in a middle of a crossing when was the traffic Amber
I have my test booked in 2 days and instead of improving I'm doing even worse mistakes
I'll have one more lesson tomorrow and then one hour before the test
I really feel that I shouldn't go for my test and should give up.
My husband is putting pressure on me with "you better pass" "don't waste more money for extra lessons"
I have 4 kids on my back which one is breastfed so she have some nights that would keep me up.
The only person who knows about the test is my mum who really want me to pass "there is no way back I know you can pass" ,that's her words.
I really don't know what to do half of me want to wipe the tears get up and do it and other half wants to cry all day long hiding from everyone
What was your experience?
Reply 1
It just nerves and pressure from everyone around you.

I didn't have any pressure for me to do it, I just wanted to get the license for a while.
I hope your test went well. If it didn’t:

Please don’t worry - everyone takes different amounts of time to learn to drive. I also think that many people will make silly mistakes on a mock test - I certainly do!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by rachaelt123
I hope your test went well. If it didn’t:

Please don’t worry - everyone takes different amounts of time to learn to drive. I also think that many people will make silly mistakes on a mock test - I certainly do!

Honestly I drove perfectly just one junction I was turning right and it was operated by traffic lights
He failed me for not jumping in front of the traffic to turn righ and waiting for the green arrow.
Now I can't get it off my head I'm into pieces and couldn't release my feelings as I have 4 kids at home to take care. Even my instructor couldn't believe it for what stupid reason failed me. I had to do emergency stop in a wet road with not a really far away car behind which from my instructor opinion that was very dangerous to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending