This poll is closed

Are we a guniea pig generation of the real effects of technology

Yes 25%
No 50%
50% yes/ 50% No 13%
3/4 of either Yes or No13%
Total votes: 8
Mobile phones,Tablets , Computer , Portable Music players ,Wifi , bluetooth

The effects of all these devices will continue to add up every second minute and hour, will it to be our advantage or disadvantage. This includes socially (e.g becoming antisocial, family time becoming each indvividual on some form of technological device) Politically ( e.g (NSA) American
organization spying on emails & other internet sites of individual uk citzens)
Physically & menatally (exposure to radiation, pschologically- the stressbrought by losing your mobile, cyberbullying , becoming extremley lazy and dependant on these devices & the subtle loss of brain capacity and memory, Using sites like fb, to advertise your "popularity" or "goodlooks")

This is not strictly according to the devices i listed above but everything to do with technology. I have not however forgotten the benefits of technology that have been used to our advantage such as within surgery, mechanics & engineering e.t.c This a thread to share your opinion, articles and discuss both the pro's, cons and effects Thanks :biggrin:

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
you can argue this latest youth generation is the least intellectual- ie employers state graduates nowadays are the worst educated in living memory, high levels of criminality of young people ( summer riots, student riots, stabbings, gangs etc) Consumer technology, social websites is all rather shallow but ultimately useful way of keep idle minds distracted.
Reply 2
Technology has moved forward much faster in the last few hundred years than human evolution has.
Reply 3
I don't believe there's a government conspiracy if that's what you mean, rather as Asia and the west have begun to converge the demand for innovative products has increased which the educated west has provided. The next decades will likely see exponential growth as developing nations pour out educated graduates expanding the number of those developing technology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending