The Student Room Group

AS Students : What are you going to do differently in A2 ?

After today's mixed bag of AS results what lessons have you learnt from AS and what do you plan to do differently for A2 (All Subjects)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stop watching Ceebeebies on iplayer in frees for a start.

Also create revision material/example essays as i progress through the year. Rather than swarming a rush of writing and paper
Reply 2
As a former A2-don't mess it up guys
Stop procrastinating and actually do some work, especially in free periods. Last year the amount of time I spent outside of lessons doing work amounted to the square route of naff all.

Really going to try this year.
Reply 4
Work harder on revising topics as I go so I don't end up cramming before exams and such.

Also, work harder to perform well in class tests. Did really quite badly in a lot last year....
I will most definitely start revising immediately and stop procrastinating all the time. I can't afford to fail next year.
Reply 6
Original post by Luketreherne
After today's mixed bag of AS results what lessons have you learnt from AS and what do you plan to do differently for A2 (All Subjects)

Original post by Jkizer
Stop watching Ceebeebies on iplayer in frees for a start.

Also create revision material/example essays as i progress through the year. Rather than swarming a rush of writing and paper

Original post by medaway
As a former A2-don't mess it up guys

Original post by Believable_Jeff
Stop procrastinating and actually do some work, especially in free periods. Last year the amount of time I spent outside of lessons doing work amounted to the square route of naff all.

Really going to try this year.

Original post by Big Phil
Work harder on revising topics as I go so I don't end up cramming before exams and such.

Also, work harder to perform well in class tests. Did really quite badly in a lot last year....

Original post by PreppyNinja
I will most definitely start revising immediately and stop procrastinating all the time. I can't afford to fail next year.

Thanks guy's your help means so much , what are your plans after A-level's ?

I plan to go Uni to study Bsc Geography
Reply 7
I will have to start revising at home. I won't leave my coursework till the night before either.

Will probably be predicted an A*AB based on AABB results. Need to reach it! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8

I wish to go study Bsc Economics with grades of AAB. Though speed bumps can happen >.<
I'm going to make notes as I go along rather than leaving everything to the last minute. Also, make sure I spend a similar amount of time on each subject rather than leaving very little time for one subject - normally my last exam and it really showed in my results. I probably ought to turn my laptop off when I'm trying to revise too as I get too easily distracted!
Reply 10
Study throughout the year, not leave everything till the last month or so.
That happened to me to with Geography :lolz::hello::headbang:
I'm going to stay awake through all my lessons this year!
Learn what answer structure the exam boards want right away so I don't have to spend revision time fiddling with it.
Original post by Sharif Chowdhury
I'm going to stay awake through all my lessons this year!

What lesson/s did you fall asleep in ?

Same! Where are you looking to apply? How did AS geography go?
Learn stuff throughout the year, rather than in the month or so before the exams.
Original post by AlanAlty
Same! Where are you looking to apply? How did AS geography go?

I was predicted a D in Geography , came out with two marks of an A. That shut everyone in my geography class up.
seriously start revising earlier and stop getting distracted!
I was predicted a D in Geography , came out with two marks of an A. That shut everyone in my geography class up.

Did literally no work all year (in class but did revision for a couple weeks before June), got a B in Jan, then 100% in June hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest