anyone............
Reply 3
yep
Reply 4
stallion007
yep

lol.thanx
Reply 5
Sociology is one of those subjects which is completely dependant on the teacher. If sociology is not taught well, then it will kill you, however if you have an enthusiastic teacher then it is an amazing subject. I owe my B in sociology to having really amazing teachers, but i've had some which are atrocious.

I love the subject, there are boring elements, and at a level it depends which subtopics you do too (i did family and mass media, the latter was very interesting and fun to study). But things like this are subjective, pick up a textbook and find out yourself!
It's interesting with the right teacher.

It is also phenominally easy.
Reply 7
paperclip
Sociology is one of those subjects which is completely dependant on the teacher. If sociology is not taught well, then it will kill you, however if you have an enthusiastic teacher then it is an amazing subject. I owe my B in sociology to having really amazing teachers, but i've had some which are atrocious.

I love the subject, there are boring elements, and at a level it depends which subtopics you do too (i did family and mass media, the latter was very interesting and fun to study). But things like this are subjective, pick up a textbook and find out yourself!

hmmm..
thanx. do you do Psychology by any chance?
congratulations on your B btw
Erm... i'm going to do it.... i loved it at GCSE and its very easy compared to most other social sciences/humanities!
Reply 9
neesh_27
hmmm..
thanx. do you do Psychology by any chance?
congratulations on your B btw

Yeah, i love psychology, doing a degree in it!
And thanks.
Reply 10
I really enjoyed it at AS level, had a great teacher and ended up with an A :smile:
At A2, however, it was a different story. Had an awfully boring teacher and didn't enjoy it at all. I lost all my motivation and ended up dropping it because I wasn't doing well anymore. So I agree that it really does depend on the teacher.
Reply 11
Thank for the useful advice guys! (:
x
Reply 12
paperclip
Yeah, i love psychology, doing a degree in it!
And thanks.

o wow that great! Good Luck!
psychology, sociology and law it is then! :smile:
I'm so happy I came on today i think i'm sorted for enrolment day :biggrin: :biggrin:
If you have no interest in theories, yes, Sociology will become/is boring.
Reply 14
At college I loooved my Scociology teacher.

He made all the neds debate for an entier hour on the simple question:
"Why should I (he) have to pay for other people to use healthcare"

He was brill lol
Some areas of sociology are more interesting than others. In my AS year I studied Families and Households (hardly fascinating, but fairly interesting) and then Education and Sociological Methods (about as interesting as watching paint dry). For A2 it gets more interesting, with the topics being Religion and Crime and Deviance.
xmarilynx
Some areas of sociology are more interesting than others. In my AS year I studied Families and Households (hardly fascinating, but fairly interesting) and then Education and Sociological Methods (about as interesting as watching paint dry). For A2 it gets more interesting, with the topics being Religion and Crime and Deviance.

I am doing the exact same course of Sociology as you and i have just started my AS year. I got set my very first essay last week and i am really happy as I got an A in it! And I didn't do it at GCSE as my school didn't offer it. I think its really interesting although I am quite worried about the Families and Households exam in January 2010! My first AS exams!
confused123
I am doing the exact same course of Sociology as you and i have just started my AS year. I got set my very first essay last week and i am really happy as I got an A in it! And I didn't do it at GCSE as my school didn't offer it. I think its really interesting although I am quite worried about the Families and Households exam in January 2010! My first AS exams!

I didn't go it at GCSE either, in fact nobody at my school had and we all got pretty good marks so I wouldn't worry too much! :smile:
Families and Households was my favourite topic actually, it was all downhill after that! Good luck in the exam, I'm sure you'll do well! :smile:
Reply 18
paperclip

I'd pretty much agree with the first paragraph. It's alright, although some parts are boring.
painfully boring.... but easy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending