The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
[QUOTE="Mazin95;45073140"]
Original post by lulib
Tank you very much! :smile: how did you get the offer? I mean, I thought that interviews started in January

I don't know anything about interviews lol :tongue:. However I am required to take the an english proficiency exam as part of my offer. I think students from outside the EU are exempt from interviews :smile:

Applicant from Saudi Arabia

Nice for you then :smile: good luck with your career and future

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 181
Modern history!

I did my AS levels in politics, history, english language and english literature.

Either this or LSE as my first choice (but I doubt i'll get into either of them :P)
Reply 182
How long will st andrews usually give out the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loretta_8
How long will st andrews usually give out the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends; if you're international, within 4-6 weeks of submitting your application most likely. If you're from the UK, March. (based on last year's results)
I am a Scottish student considering applying for Spanish for 2014 entry. However, I only have AAABC at higher level, one of the A's being Spanish. Is there any point in applying, considering how competitive St.Andrews is?
Reply 185
Original post by Sapphire321
Basically you take half your modules in Biology and half in Chemistry each year so you do biochemistry but you also do other parts of biology as well as organic and inorganic chemistry. Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, where else have you applied to?

Oh, great, so you don't miss out on the physical side of chemistry or the more macro-level bits of biology. Sounds good if your interests are quite wide-ranging.

I've applied to Durham, Edinburgh, York and Cardiff, all for straight chemistry; my favourite keeps switching between here and Durham. What about you? :smile: Are you applying for joint honours chem & bio everywhere else?
Reply 186
Original post by lnorland
I got an offer for IR! :smile: I really didn't expect them to answer me so quickly, but I guess it's because I'm an international student.

Anyone else?

Congrats!! :smile:
I applied for Econ and IR joint honours on 15.10 but haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 187
Original post by ElizabethRG
Depends; if you're international, within 4-6 weeks of submitting your application most likely. If you're from the UK, March. (based on last year's results)

I'm guessing EU applicants will also have to wait until March?
Reply 188
Original post by ZafarS
I'm guessing EU applicants will also have to wait until March?

I am an EU applicant too where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by lulib
I am an EU applicant too where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Netherlands.. wbu?
Original post by EmilyJW
Hello everyone! I'm a little late, but I've applied to study English Literature at St Andrews - anyone else? :smile:

Me too! Applied on the 19th Oct but not heard anything yet. I'm an international student, so I'm hoping it'll come through soon! :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by ZafarS
The Netherlands.. wbu?

I'm from Italy, I'm a medical applicant. What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by lulib
I'm from Italy, I'm a medical applicant. What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied for physics :biggrin:
Reply 193
Original post by ZafarS
I have applied for physics :biggrin:

Good luck then :smile:
Reply 194
Original post by lulib
Good luck then :smile:

You too
hey, st andrews is my first choice i am hoping to study chemistry Bsc. does anyone know the ratio between how many people apply and get places? i want a place so so so badly!!
Original post by knope
I've been invited to a chemistry visit day, pretty excited about it. :redface: Any other chemists in this thread?

no way !! are you from england? when did you send off your application?
Reply 197
Original post by sugarmouse12345
no way !! are you from england? when did you send off your application?

Yes, and October 18th. I'm applying for deferred entry, though, so perhaps that makes a difference to how they handle my application.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 198
Original post by apunctuationmark
Me too! Applied on the 19th Oct but not heard anything yet. I'm an international student, so I'm hoping it'll come through soon! :smile:

Hello! I applied on the 16th, but I haven't heard anything either! You'll probably hear back from them before I do, I probably won't hear anything until January at the earliest. :frown:
Original post by EmilyJW
Hello! I applied on the 16th, but I haven't heard anything either! You'll probably hear back from them before I do, I probably won't hear anything until January at the earliest. :frown:

This waiting is the worst!! I hope we all hear soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending