Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom_hess
Anybody here got an offer for biochem/any kind of molecular biology? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm doing biochemistry :smile: !!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Still no entrant email...
Does anybody know anything about Postgrad? I'm considering applying for 2015 entry for a Masters in International Relations or something similar? Thanks.
Give it a year, most of you will hate the place.
Original post by dmdmdm
Give it a year, most of you will hate the place.

I really don't think this is true. The vast majority of people like it here, but for those that don't like it, they really don't like it. But you are in the minority.
Hello there, I was just wondering how the hell we're meant to find out when our courses starts, or when we are meant to arrive? It seems a really obvious question but I can't find it anywhere!
Original post by GeorginaLovett
Hello there, I was just wondering how the hell we're meant to find out when our courses starts, or when we are meant to arrive? It seems a really obvious question but I can't find it anywhere!

Halls will open Saturday 6th September followed by freshers' week (and advising and matriculation which you need to attend), with classes starting on Monday 15th September. The full calendar for the year is here.
So I got an unconditional offer for IR in Feb, firmed it in March or April(can't remember), and it says on UCAS I have to give evidence of my qualifications by July 1st. I have read some places that I don't have to submit anything, and I can't seem to find out where to send my Vitnemål (I'm from Norway). Do the people at St. Andrews find my qualifications, do I send them my Vitnemål by post, e-mail?? Starting to get a bit worried (anxious by nature) :frown:
Original post by elkveimo
So I got an unconditional offer for IR in Feb, firmed it in March or April(can't remember), and it says on UCAS I have to give evidence of my qualifications by July 1st. I have read some places that I don't have to submit anything, and I can't seem to find out where to send my Vitnemål (I'm from Norway). Do the people at St. Andrews find my qualifications, do I send them my Vitnemål by post, e-mail?? Starting to get a bit worried (anxious by nature) :frown:

Has the eamining board for your Vitnemal sent the results to UCAS? You can scan copies and e-mail them if you want to confirm.
Original post by elkveimo

Hey, I am from Norway too and I sent Vitnemålet (Translated) to following email: [email protected]
Also included my UCAS number.
Hope that helps! (Om det er noe du lurer send meg en Pm)
Reply 1990
Original post by Ecosse_14
Halls will open Saturday 6th September followed by freshers' week (and advising and matriculation which you need to attend), with classes starting on Monday 15th September. The full calendar for the year is here.

What actually happens during freshers week? What do people actually do? I don't meant to sound like I live under a rock haha. Friends from other unis said it was all pub and bar crawls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bbrey
What actually happens during freshers week? What do people actually do? I don't meant to sound like I live under a rock haha. Friends from other unis said it was all pub and bar crawls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's about right yeah.

It's getting to know people etc, and settling in. You have to do a bit of academic stuff too
I'm starting st andrews this september and was wonndering what goes on in freshers weeks (not just the drinking) and is it easy to drink if you arent 18 yet? :smile:
Original post by ashasaurusrex
I'm starting st andrews this september and was wonndering what goes on in freshers weeks (not just the drinking) and is it easy to drink if you arent 18 yet? :smile:

You matriculate.

That's about it in terms of academic requirements
So I'm hopefully off to St Andrews in September and just wondering who else got an offer to do History? :smile: Also (might not be the right thread to ask) but for any current students, how did you find settling into the uni? Pretty nervous over here!
Original post by Ellen1995
So I'm hopefully off to St Andrews in September and just wondering who else got an offer to do History? :smile: Also (might not be the right thread to ask) but for any current students, how did you find settling into the uni? Pretty nervous over here!

I would recommend joining the St Andrews Class of 2018 on Facebook :smile:
Original post by Busteren
I would recommend joining the St Andrews Class of 2018 on Facebook :smile:

Cheers! I was wondering whether there was a facebook page or something, too.
Did anyone else get an email about sports facilities?
Original post by Emily Martha
Did anyone else get an email about sports facilities?

I did, yeah. :smile:
What medical forms do we need to bring as freshers? I got an email that said "You will be guided to register as part of the matriculation process, but you must bring certain documents and ensure you have the correct immunisations and these are listed here: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/advice/health/doctors/". On that link, it doesn't list any specific document that we need to bring. I know there is one sheet that is for registering for the NHS, but is there anything else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending