The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Got an unconditional offer this morning for English! I'm a US applicant, so St Andrews is my backup, but it's still nice after my rejection from Oxford.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Superflibbit
Ahh, cool! Bit of a trek for you to get there then!? I can't wait to visit it, it looks gorgeous from the photos I've seen :smile:

I think I've put first year entry on my application but I guess I'll probably ask to switch at some point before starting ;p

I've already done my A-levels, finished them in June this year - got A*A*A* (physics/maths/chem) and two As at AS (biology/EPQ). What about you?

I've got my A* in Maths, predicted A*A*AA in Physics, Economics, FM and Chem respectively. I really want to do some languages, so I'll probably start from the first year to do the lang modules. Where else have you applied?
Just got my offer in Management today SO PUMPED! It's a strange coincidence cause I also got an offer from Edinburgh today. For anyone else applying to Management, here are my stats:

No AS certificate.
A2 Predictions: A*A*Aa
Original post by Superflibbit
Ahh, cool! Bit of a trek for you to get there then!? I can't wait to visit it, it looks gorgeous from the photos I've seen :smile:

I think I've put first year entry on my application but I guess I'll probably ask to switch at some point before starting ;p

I've already done my A-levels, finished them in June this year - got A*A*A* (physics/maths/chem) and two As at AS (biology/EPQ). What about you?

word of advice, don't do second year entry. It's much harder and all my friends doing it have reallllly struggled this year. That was for chem though.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the incentive is because UK students have to pay, they try and keep it cheap. But let's be honest, I'm never going to pay off the 50 grand of debt, so you might as well rack it up and enjoy yourself!
Anyone applied to Conputer Science at St Andrews??
American student who got an unconditional offer for International Relations!! couldn't be happier :smile:
Original post by knope
I didn't get a GCSE in German because I got sick and had to just do sciences/English/maths GCSEs. Quite inconvenient, given that I really enjoyed languages. So I suppose I want to rectify that situation - however belatedly.

1st Feb, since I was far too excited about it to go for anything but the first one. Also, I thought I might as well go as early as possible in case they only give out decisions after you've attended (despite it not being an interview). What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, I know how that feels :frown: I was ill during my AS and A2 years. I think I'm going to go for the 1st Feb one too! :smile:
Original post by waheed786
*Rejection today from Medicine A100 course*
Undergrad applicant (Gap-year applicant)...
A-Levels ACHIEVED: A*A*A*(bio,chem and mathematics)
AS-Levels: abbb(+Physics AS)
GCSEs: 4A*s,1A, 3 Dist*s
UKCAT: 740 Band 2

Absolutely gob-smacked...

Anyone know why I was rejected?... considering my application is very strong?

Thank you.

Your application is very strong, especially your A Level grades. At a guess I would say that it was probably your GCSEs because I think some universities look for people to have a certain number of A*s at GCSE for medicine. Don't worry you still have four other choices and with your grades I'm sure you'll get lots of other offers! :biggrin:
Original post by belleoftheball
American student who got an unconditional offer for International Relations!! couldn't be happier :smile:

Shock, an American doing IR :wink:

Joking though! Well done and see you next year :smile:
Reply 390
Original post by Sapphire321
Aww, I know how that feels :frown: I was ill during my AS and A2 years. I think I'm going to go for the 1st Feb one too! :smile:

That's so unfortunate, damn. I hope you're in good health now. :smile: Are you applying with achieved qualifications?

Brilliant, I'll see you there then! How are you planning on making your way up there?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1468865196673101/

for those of you with offers, join this page to meet future classmates/hall mates :smile:
Anyone for Economics&IR? :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by oceanchild
Anyone for Economics&IR? :smile:

Just international relations :smile:
Reply 394
Anyone for international relations and anthropology?
Reply 395
anyone got news for international relations and history?
Reply 396
I'm a gap year student and have applied for English. Already got the grades so really hoping for an offer :rolleyes:
Officially applied for MLitt Medieval History :biggrin:
Original post by Calllu-m
Shock, an American doing IR :wink:

Joking though! Well done and see you next year :smile:

and your point is...?
Original post by belleoftheball
and your point is...?

Captain Obvious: almost everybody doing IR in St Andrews is from North America.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending