The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Abbseh
Have people got unconditionals without finishing A2?! I thought the massive gun unis didn't do that

They are probably doing Scottish highers, so they do there uni entrance level exams the year before they leave school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 781
Original post by Abbseh
Have people got unconditionals without finishing A2?! I thought the massive gun unis didn't do that

I haven't heard of any English with an unconditional without their A2's, sorry! I have an unconditional, but I am a Scottish applicant :cool:
Reply 782
Original post by JTR__
Just got an unconditional from St Andrews!! ARGH!!!!! 95% chosen in my head now, but I'm saying I will accept it xxx EEEEPPP!! :biggrin: :dancing: :nutcase:

well done! :smile:
Reply 783
Original post by Kjo94
Yes, I applied for French and Spanish and IR! This waiting business is killing me right now :frown: but hopefully they'll get back to me asap as I've sent my application on the 27th of November, I presume it might take longer because the application needs to be checked by 2 different departments... Well done again for your offer, now you need to make sure to get the grades :wink:

I applied for the same course on the same date..lets hope we hear back soon! :smile:
Original post by Abbseh
That would be ridiculously amazing for someone to have that :smile:

Indeed it would be!

Hopefully they'll be a bit kinder with offers this year.
I really want one. :tongue:
Reply 785
Original post by hj659
well done! :smile:

Thank you xx
Reply 786
Original post by hj659
I applied for the same course on the same date..lets hope we hear back soon! :smile:

Finger crossed :wink: May I ask you where are you from? Also where else did you applied?
Reply 787
Original post by Kjo94
Finger crossed :wink: May I ask you where are you from? Also where else did you applied?

I'm a Scottish applicant (originally Rep of Ireland.) You? I've applied for Edinburgh and Glasgow, I have an unconditional for Glasgow and I don't really care about Edinburgh-it's between St Andrews (if I get an offer) and Glasgow! Strange as they're pretty much complete opposites, but I love the atmosphere in St Andrews :-)
Reply 788
Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam
Indeed it would be!

Hopefully they'll be a bit kinder with offers this year.
I really want one. :tongue:

I really do hope I get an offer. It's so unlikely but I would have my life made if I did, it's my perfect place :frown:

Original post by JTR__
I haven't heard of any English with an unconditional without their A2's, sorry! I have an unconditional, but I am a Scottish applicant :cool:

Scotland is the only place in the UK I don't have ancestors from :frown: Damn it!

Original post by megscot95
They are probably doing Scottish highers, so they do there uni entrance level exams the year before they leave school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah okay I didn't know that! That's cool :smile:
Reply 789
Original post by Abbseh
I really do hope I get an offer. It's so unlikely but I would have my life made if I did, it's my perfect place :frown:

Scotland is the only place in the UK I don't have ancestors from :frown: Damn it!

Aaah okay I didn't know that! That's cool :smile:

Hehe, poor you! Scotland rocks :biggrin: Yup, that's why Scottish uni courses are an extra year longer, they continue on from our Highers that are normally done in S5. For those who stay for sixth year, you can do a mixture of Highers and Advanced Highers (according to my guidance teacher, kinda like A2+), or some extra lower qualifications. One of my friends is taking the equivalent of GCSE in cake decorating, along with 4 AHs... Yum!
Original post by Abbseh

Same as me. :/
It's highly unlikely that they'll even consider me, but if they make me an offer I'll be over the moon.

You'll get one though, don't worry about it. :smile:
Reply 791
Original post by Laura_C8H10N4O2
I know, just over a week! And honestly, I think I am. It's definitely my favourite university at the minute and I don't think that will change by seeing it again! What about you? :-)

Brilliant, so glad you've gotten into your first choice then. :smile: I'm torn between here and Durham, hoping to figure it out after visiting them both. I am weak in the face of a big life decision.
Reply 792
Same as me. :/
It's highly unlikely that they'll even consider me, but if they make me an offer I'll be over the moon.

You'll get one though, don't worry about it. :smile:

Well they have to consider everyone at least once during the application process so you have equal chances!

I'd love to have your optimism about me ahaha

Original post by JTR__
Hehe, poor you! Scotland rocks :biggrin: Yup, that's why Scottish uni courses are an extra year longer, they continue on from our Highers that are normally done in S5. For those who stay for sixth year, you can do a mixture of Highers and Advanced Highers (according to my guidance teacher, kinda like A2+), or some extra lower qualifications. One of my friends is taking the equivalent of GCSE in cake decorating, along with 4 AHs... Yum!

That's sounds like quite a good system! I've always wondered about the extra year but never actually went about finding out its reason, so thank you :smile:

Cake decorating? NOMNOMNOM
Original post by Abbseh
Well they have to consider everyone at least once during the application process so you have equal chances!

I'd love to have your optimism about me ahaha

Lets just say that If they make me an offer then they'll have to make everyone else one. :')

Hopefully it'll be good news.
Reply 794
Lets just say that If they make me an offer then they'll have to make everyone else one. :')

Hopefully it'll be good news.

Well then in that case our applications must be similar!
Original post by JTR__
Ah, now I get it. I wondered why scottisch Undergraduate degrees take a year longer, too. Learn something new every day^^:colondollar:
Original post by Abbseh
Well then in that case our applications must be similar!

Possibly!
I hope that you hear something from them soon. :smile:

Is St. Andrews your ideal firm?
Reply 797
Possibly!
I hope that you hear something from them soon. :smile:

Is St. Andrews your ideal firm?

Thank you! I hope you do too :smile:

Yes, I love everything about it. Is it yours?
Reply 798
Original post by JTR__

so, how old is the average scottish first year student then? :confused:
Original post by Abbseh
Thank you! I hope you do too :smile:

Yes, I love everything about it. Is it yours?

Indeed it is!
When I visited it I was practically blown away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending