The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ladymarshmallow
Afraid I'm neither Dutch nor have applied for Physics, but have you received an offer yet? :smile:

Yes, I have. And i'm seriously considering going. But i have a few other options too so im not sure.

What have you applied for and got offers?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Samm10
Congrats! Doesnt sound like good news for me then :/

But their deadline is like march so they will probably still give offers up till then!! I'm sure you will!!
Reply 982
Original post by Yezi_L
Does anyone know if there's a post-application open day? Anybody planning on going up there?

Hi, yeah there are some open days soon (12th March, 2nd April are 2 dates, not sure about the others) I think you book onto them online via the St.Andrews website, but you can't book yet (opens later this month I believe).

I'm looking to go up and have a look about on the March one. It's a bit of a trek as I live in Devon (Dawlish to be precise and the trains might be an issue if you saw the news today :L) so I'm probably gonna end up stopping at the hostel there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yorick enters
Physics students anyone?

Yeah!! Theoretical physics to be exact, what course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshBedford
Yeah!! Theoretical physics to be exact, what course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

just pure, im more applied though haha :smile:
Yes, I have. And i'm seriously considering going. But i have a few other options too so im not sure.

What have you applied for and got offers?

I applied for History (modern) and German but haven't heard anything back from St Andrew's yet. The wait is killing me and hearing about friends receiving offers is starting to make me paranoid. :tongue: I really liked the feel of the university when I visited, plus the course really appeals to me. The only thing I'm unsure about is whether I'd ultimately want to spend 4 years in a small town. I also applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, UCL, and Durham, and received an unconditional from Glasgow and a conditional (AAB) from UCL, but haven't heard back from the other two yet! I'll probably end up staying here in Scotland, though, for obvious reasons. Looking forward to moving away from home. :tongue:

Where else did you apply? :smile:
Reply 986
Original post by Graziana
Hi, yeah there are some open days soon (12th March, 2nd April are 2 dates, not sure about the others) I think you book onto them online via the St.Andrews website, but you can't book yet (opens later this month I believe).

I'm looking to go up and have a look about on the March one. It's a bit of a trek as I live in Devon (Dawlish to be precise and the trains might be an issue if you saw the news today :L) so I'm probably gonna end up stopping at the hostel there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile: I thought there might be a separate date for the offer holders just like some other unis, but it seems that these are the only ones.

Just had a look at it and I'll have to go to the 16th April one if I'm going at all. I understand how you feel about the long trip. I don't even live in the UK, but it seems quite a useful way of getting to know more about the place :tongue:
Reply 987
Original post by Yezi_L
Thanks! :smile: I thought there might be a separate date for the offer holders just like some other unis, but it seems that these are the only ones.

Just had a look at it and I'll have to go to the 16th April one if I'm going at all. I understand how you feel about the long trip. I don't even live in the UK, but it seems quite a useful way of getting to know more about the place :tongue:

Yes I thought there might be that too! But it looks like these open days cover about everything other Unis do in offer holders open days.

Haha, how far are you having to travel? I really am looking forward to having a look, I just might have to break the journey up a little (otherwise it's a coach for 11hrs.) I was going to go in April but I want to go as soon a possible so I can form it etc :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
just pure, im more applied though haha :smile:

You guys with you 'experiments', and 'evidence'...:tongue:
Where else have you applied to?
I applied for History (modern) and German but haven't heard anything back from St Andrew's yet. The wait is killing me and hearing about friends receiving offers is starting to make me paranoid. :tongue: I really liked the feel of the university when I visited, plus the course really appeals to me. The only thing I'm unsure about is whether I'd ultimately want to spend 4 years in a small town. I also applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, UCL, and Durham, and received an unconditional from Glasgow and a conditional (AAB) from UCL, but haven't heard back from the other two yet! I'll probably end up staying here in Scotland, though, for obvious reasons. Looking forward to moving away from home. :tongue:

Where else did you apply? :smile:

yeah the small town would be the only thing that would stop me going, but apparently the studentl life is great and youve got dundee about 20 mins away.

yeah got back from aberdeen uni, direct entry unconditional for mech eng, strathclyde the exact same.
Applied to heriot watt for physics engineering (direct) and imperial college for mech eng, but i put direct entry for them as well by accident so i wont be expecting anything back from them haha
yeah the small town would be the only thing that would stop me going, but apparently the studentl life is great and youve got dundee about 20 mins away.

yeah got back from aberdeen uni, direct entry unconditional for mech eng, strathclyde the exact same.
Applied to heriot watt for physics engineering (direct) and imperial college for mech eng, but i put direct entry for them as well by accident so i wont be expecting anything back from them haha

Yeah, that's the only thing putting me off. I've had quite a few people say they could imagine me at St Andrews, but we'll see. I think Edinburgh would be an ideal size, as it's quite a small city in comparison to Glasgow or London.
Oh, congratulations on your other offers. :smile: It's just frustrating having to wait ahhh. I've been obsessively checking my UCAS every other day. :P

omg did you go to a chemistry day at st andrews last year?
Original post by Capricancer
omg did you go to a chemistry day at st andrews last year?

this chem 'masterclass' yeah :smile: were you in my group?
Yeah, that's the only thing putting me off. I've had quite a few people say they could imagine me at St Andrews, but we'll see. I think Edinburgh would be an ideal size, as it's quite a small city in comparison to Glasgow or London.
Oh, congratulations on your other offers. :smile: It's just frustrating having to wait ahhh. I've been obsessively checking my UCAS every other day. :P

Haha yeah I checked ucas a lot just after sending the applications, but you just kinda have to try and forget about it for a while to kill time. Yeah you congrats as well, especially on the UCL offer; heard thats quite hard to get in.
Reply 994
HEY!

I got an offer for 36 IB points with a predicted 36 for History V100! If I don't get a response from Durham, I think St. Andrews will be my firm with Exeter as my conditional!

Got the response like a week ago!
Original post by MegGrace
HEY!

I got an offer for 36 IB points with a predicted 36 for History V100! If I don't get a response from Durham, I think St. Andrews will be my firm with Exeter as my conditional!

Got the response like a week ago!

That was my offer last year :smile: Except i was modern history and Arabic TV61
Original post by Ehawks
I'm not applying for Bsc, but I am applying for MA Geography and heard nothing yet. I'll let you know when I hear something and vice versa? :smile:

Yes of course, that would be great! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 997
Original post by Yezi_L

It entirely depends on the department- they may only inform applicants once they have received their offer. St Andrews' chemistry department is holding 4 post-offer days, and form what I've heard most departments offer at least one. They may wait a while before informing you though, but they are of great help x
Reply 998
Original post by Graziana
Yes I thought there might be that too! But it looks like these open days cover about everything other Unis do in offer holders open days.

Haha, how far are you having to travel? I really am looking forward to having a look, I just might have to break the journey up a little (otherwise it's a coach for 11hrs.) I was going to go in April but I want to go as soon a possible so I can form it etc :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I`ll be coming from Spain :smile:
Reply 999
Original post by JTR__
It entirely depends on the department- they may only inform applicants once they have received their offer. St Andrews' chemistry department is holding 4 post-offer days, and form what I've heard most departments offer at least one. They may wait a while before informing you though, but they are of great help x

Oh I see :smile: The maths department gave out my offer quite early, but my fee status then changed and they didn`t tell me anything about department open days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending