The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
So last week I was having a mid-life crisis (what am I going to do with my life, should I give up and become a stripper etc etc) because St Andrews is the only university not to reply and it's my favourite by a mile. So my mum emailed the admissions office (without me knowing) to ask about my application.
They replied saying there was a glitch in the system and loads of offers were still sat pending which we're supposed to have sent off! They copied in Dr Wenchang and he replied to me directly to tell me I have a conditional offer for neuroscience of AAB! Couldn't believe it!! Although my ucas still hasn't changed...
Thought I'd let everyone know that your application could be one of those so do not worry! Positive thoughts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Is there anyone else waiting for an English Lit offer??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KNori
Ok, seriously now: what is happening at the Social Anthropology department? Has ANYBODY heared from them??? Such slowpokes, really.... :s-smilie:

I'm still waiting for social Anthropology too! My brother goes to St Andrews and said that all the decisions should have been made by last Friday. I think Minnie's explanation reassures me though. I'm sure they'll come out soon :smile:

Original post by MinnieD
So last week I was having a mid-life crisis (what am I going to do with my life, should I give up and become a stripper etc etc) because St Andrews is the only university not to reply and it's my favourite by a mile. So my mum emailed the admissions office (without me knowing) to ask about my application.
They replied saying there was a glitch in the system and loads of offers were still sat pending which we're supposed to have sent off! They copied in Dr Wenchang and he replied to me directly to tell me I have a conditional offer for neuroscience of AAB! Couldn't believe it!! Although my ucas still hasn't changed...
Thought I'd let everyone know that your application could be one of those so do not worry! Positive thoughts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still waiting for English Lit! I just emailed admissions, they said that my application is in the final stages and that they hope to tell me "very soon".
Reply 1584
Original post by schlili
What are your other offers? :smile:

Durham, Warwick and Bristol :smile: You?
Original post by apunctuationmark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me :frown:
Original post by apunctuationmark

Posted from TSR Mobile
my friend got an offer yesterday so not too long hopefully!!
Does anyone know when the start date actually is? I got my offer over a month ago and firmed it but I just checked UCAS track and it still says that the start date is the 20th September.. Anyone know anything other than this? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone :smile:
I'm firming as well, I'll be studying Comparative Literature and Classics. I'm so excited, can hardly wait :biggrin: Also, and this is probably a long-shot, but are there any other Croatian students coming to St. Andrews?
As for halls, I'm not really sure what I'll put down yet :/ I know I'd like catered, but that's about it. I'll need to look into it a bit more.
Original post by ace.w6991
Does anyone know when the start date actually is? I got my offer over a month ago and firmed it but I just checked UCAS track and it still says that the start date is the 20th September.. Anyone know anything other than this? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have posted this before, but http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/semesterdates/2014-2015/

8th September, people will probably move in from the 6th.
Original post by MinnieD

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is rather promising!
Thank you for posting this. :smile:

Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.
Original post by kerrydouglas
I've heard but I'm a Scottish applicant!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you received an offer?
Original post by KNori
Ok, seriously now: what is happening at the Social Anthropology department? Has ANYBODY heared from them??? Such slowpokes, really.... :s-smilie:

Also waiting for ANY reply... IR and anthropology.
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Have posted this before, but http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/semesterdates/2014-2015/

8th September, people will probably move in from the 6th.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi :smile: I firmed a couple of days ago, and I'll be studying Astrophysics! Accommodation-wise I'll probably apply for standard catered, but I don't really have a hall preference...
Original post by Lily8603
Also waiting for ANY reply... IR and anthropology.

Waiting for IR too. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1596
Hell yeah!! International Relations, cant wait! Sgonna be ****ing awesome!
Hello! I firmed a while ago for St. Andrews. I will be studying physics! Yeahy! :biggrin: I think I'm going to try for Albany park for halls. :smile:
Hey there.
I know that there was talk of starting one of these threads for people starting the physics course at St. Andrews in September but I don't see one yet so I thought I would start one. (Sorry if there is one). :colondollar:

I am actually from Dundee so I know the area pretty well. So if anyone has any questions about it I will be happy to try and answer them. :smile:
Unconditional for Economics! Still in shock.. Actually can't believe it .. For all you waiting don't give up hope I was sure a rejection was coming my way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending