The Student Room Group

club 18-30...?

ok so this summer im going on a clup 18-30 and am alittle worried, i do love clubbing and am up for a laugh but its the stories ive heard about club 18-30 is starting to get me in a panic!
any idea of how bad it is?
do they force you to take part?
what should i expect?
any help or advice please!!!!

Scroll to see replies

They will try really hard to make you take part, but just do what you wanna do. If you buy all their packages, then it's even worse cos you're constantly with the reps and I suppose if you don't join in with everything you'll be seen as a bit of a loser. I've been on loads of 18-30 hols and never bought a package and have always managed to have a good time and that. The only thing you CAN'T get out of is the first morning meeting as they will knock on your door for HOURS until you come down!
Reply 2
I went on an 18-30tp Gran Canaria, and it was really gd can not recomend it enough. The horror stories aren't all true. The packages are wirth doing as theya re really gd fun but can be pricey,
ive been kavos with club 18 - 30 and i wouldnt recommend going there. Its loads of fun though although i wouldnt recommend the reps packages = rip off.
Reply 4
ok ermm bit of mixs view there!as long as the horror stories aren't true , i heard one girl got her head shaved in her sleep!i like my hair and want to keep it!!! im going to crete if any one knows about there?
Reply 5
i watched a programme about it on C4 and it looks like a big sex orgy to me-so in other words u should have fun
Reply 6
FranzFan
i watched a programme about it on C4 and it looks like a big sex orgy to me-so in other words u should have fun

im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing tho....as long as drinking and sex isnt bullied then thats fine, i heard the reps pretty much pressure you into drinking your own body weight in booze, not good for a light weight like me though......
Malia Crete is wicked i was a holiday rep out there for a while last year. Erm the 18-30 hotels ermmm i have very little comment there kind of dives and disgusting. Theres 2 above clubs and one which is miles away from anywhere - old malia!! But hey ur not there for the accomodation ur there to drink according to the reps. I knew some of the 18 - 30 reps out there last year and i remember having a clipboard fight with one of them in the airport!! I would try escapades - like 18-30's but they have nicer hotels and nicer reps theres not as much pressure to drink. Anything you need to know about crete just ask!!
dita_parlo

The only thing you CAN'T get out of is the first morning meeting as they will knock on your door for HOURS until you come down!

Arsehole reps is the first of a thousand good reasons I can think of never to go on a Club 18-30 holiday - if someone knocked on my door until I got up, I'd be sorely tempted to knock on his head until he couldn't.
Reply 9
thanks guys well helpful! im staying at angela studios, malia if any1 knows any thing about there?
Reply 10
If anyone shaves your hair off sue them for theft!! Just go with an open mind and look for fun!! If it turns out to be truely awful there will surely be some way of escaping it!! hire a bike or something!! i wish i was going :frown:
Reply 11
go instead of me!! na i am looking forward to it, just watched one to many of these club 18-30 tv shows, there gonna show the worse i s'pose....im telling you i better come back with every hair on my head that i left with or ill flip!
Its nowt like the programmes they r so overrated dont panic!! The reps will try and do ur head in but just tell them straight (flaming 18 - hepres morons!!). Angela studios Malia rings a bell. If its the ones i think they r they r about a 5 - 10min walk away from the bars and clubs. Close to a really funny local bar where all the old local people sit wearing black clothes even in the boiling heat. Go to Mr sandwich (memories of coach transfers!!) its amazing best hangover cure ever!! Oh and castle bar, try the macDonalds strawberry milkshakes they always taste better in the sun. Erm can i come in ur suitcase please? Im really jealous!!
Reply 13
18-30s is pretty much just a drinkfest

Be careful!- the reps will pressure you into buying excursions- we did a couple but not all of them and did have a good time. They will also nearer the end of your holiday pressure you into booking a ticket for 'the reunion' in butlins sumwhere where everybody meets back up they'll tell you to put a deposit down for it so you dont lose your ticket. It's not worth it there will be tickets right up to the day and if spending money is tight then you'll be having an alcohol free last few days.

games are silly and good fun and completely voluntary.

If you have a boys and girls night go! I was girls team captain and out drank a massive guy who looked like a rugby player!!
Reply 14
The 2 best times ive had were on club 18-30 holidays! gran canaria 05 and tenerife 06! was 8 girls the last time all 18. If your in a big group u dont even get woke up in a morning, they do it as soon as you get there, and the reps are wicked all 8 i met were really nice, no pressure, iv stayed in touch with 1 of them. we did buy the trips but thats coz its saves u a fortune, a free bar 5 out of 6 nights saved me at least 100quid after paying 4 the trips. U r shown all the best places, i no ppl who have been 2 falarki and ibiza 18-30 and they had a gr8 time 2. might nt b 4 everyone bt i will def go on more :biggrin:
i'm not usually one to comment on things iv neva tried but i dont think i could go on a club 18-30... those horror progs bout people getting raped, forced in2 drinking til they're in hospital with their stomachs pumped etc. i know that is the extreme and its mostly not that bad, but im still put off! (plus i've heard most of the hotels are dives... sounds snobby i know but when i go away i like to stay in at least 3 stars) :redface:
pinkfeather76
Malia Crete is wicked i was a holiday rep out there for a while last year. Erm the 18-30 hotels ermmm i have very little comment there kind of dives and disgusting. Theres 2 above clubs and one which is miles away from anywhere - old malia!! But hey ur not there for the accomodation ur there to drink according to the reps. I knew some of the 18 - 30 reps out there last year and i remember having a clipboard fight with one of them in the airport!! I would try escapades - like 18-30's but they have nicer hotels and nicer reps theres not as much pressure to drink. Anything you need to know about crete just ask!!

Escapades are loads better then 18-30, and Freestyle is a better option as well .... Escapades especially use all the things people complain about regarding 18-30 (pushy reps, overpriced trips, etc) and and make sure they have nicer reps that are less pushy, and make their trips better value. Basically they have a policy of learning from 18-30s mistakes.
Escapades also have slightly better properties. (but they are still aimed at the "young and lively" market so don't expect anything plush!)

I used to be a travel advisor, but never liked selling 18-30 - we got quite a few complaints about guests being pressured and made to feel stupid or boring if they didn't want to play. We never had complaints of this nature from Escapades or Freestyle guests.

However I have never actually been on one of these holidays, my advice comes purely from selling the holidays, a bit of insider info (my company owned Escapades hence the policy bit) and feedback from clients. So take it as you will :smile:
personally i think they should shut down 18-30 holidys. anything that glorifies excessive drinking and immorality shouldn't be encouraged
Club 18-30.Ewwwww.
My friends want to go on a club 18-30 next year after A Levels but I don't want to go. I'm not going to spend £300 on a holiday I won't enjoy - I'd much rather go 'travelling' properley! I don't really like beachy holidays anyway I want to see a bit of the world...

Quick Reply

Latest