The Student Room Group

What is your sleep schedule?

I need a better sleep schedule for college. What times do you guys go to bed/wake up? I currently go to bed between 23:30-00:00 and wake up at 7. I do a lot of extracurriculars and revision which I currently am most effective doing from 18:00-22:00. I need to be at school by 8:30. Any tips on good timing to get more sleep because I’m exhausted in school with my current schedule.
Original post by study23!
I need a better sleep schedule for college. What times do you guys go to bed/wake up? I currently go to bed between 23:30-00:00 and wake up at 7. I do a lot of extracurriculars and revision which I currently am most effective doing from 18:00-22:00. I need to be at school by 8:30. Any tips on good timing to get more sleep because I’m exhausted in school with my current schedule.

Have you tried winding down for bed say 10pm, and then going to bed at 10:30pm? That would give you an extra hour of sleep:smile: I think with your current schedule you are studying too late, and not giving your brain enough time to switch off before you need to wake up at 7.

Two possibilities:
- tiredness from vitamin D deficiency (or another deficiency) e.g. vitamin D is common in lots of people in the UK at this time of year due to lack of sunlight etc. Might be worth asking at pharmacy or GP to see if you are indeed deficient in anything significant
- too many extra-curriculars. May I ask how many you're doing atm? Are they physically demanding e.g. sports?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Chronoscope
Have you tried winding down for bed say 10pm, and then going to bed at 10:30pm? That would give you an extra hour of sleep:smile: I think with your current schedule you are studying too late, and not giving your brain enough time to switch off before you need to wake up at 7.

Two possibilities:
- tiredness from vitamin D deficiency (or another deficiency) e.g. vitamin D is common in lots of people in the UK at this time of year due to lack of sunlight etc. Might be worth asking at pharmacy or GP to see if you are indeed deficient in anything significant
- too many extra-curriculars. May I ask how many you're doing atm? Are they physically demanding e.g. sports?

Thanks for the tips! I tried something similar last night, went to bed at 10:20, read a bit until 10:45 then stopped to sleep. Just woke up at 6:45.

I don’t do any sports extracurriculars but I just started running my own club, and I’m part of a few school stem competitions and essay competitions so it’s more like extra homework than physically draining work.

I feel a bit less tired this morning but clearly I need to try and go to sleep earlier than normal for a few nights to see if it’s effective, hopefully I can get some good quality sleep 😂

Quick Reply

Latest