The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Health And Social Care for a Psychology Degree at Uni?

I've decided to do a BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 3 and equivalent to 3 A-levels). I wanted to do an AS-Level in Psychology with it, but the college don't offer A-Levels and plus, i think it would be extra hard work on top of all the coursework. I'm aiming to get DMM-D*D*D and have already done a BTEC Level 2 in Health and Social Care at school and secured myself a Merit grade.
However, I'm really interested in the field of Psychology in terms of careers. They do have a specific link, as I've researched if i can get into a Psychology degree with this BTEC Extended Diploma but the elaboration is limited.

So there's just one question still lingering my mind;
Can I get into a Psychology degree if i work really hard?
Reply 1
Hey i was just like you before i started college. wanted to do psychology at A level, couldnt because i messed up my gcse's got D grade in both english and maths. since then ive been retaking a few times managed to finally get a B in maths but no luck in english; sticked to D. my point is that psychology at uni is possible as i got conditional offers from aston, coventry and wolverhampton universities for psychology. bare in mind i got D*D*D in health and social care extended diploma. you gotta work hard for it thats for sure and yes you can get into any uni if you try ur best! also have to have good gcse's because maths is really essential in psychology. good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest