The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Thistle Chambers??

Hi, am a postgraduate student (International Energy Law and Policy) and I just wanted to know if anyone can give me a brief description of thistle chambers accommodation. I'll be moving in on the 7th of September but I can't seem to find any pictures of what the flats or rooms look like:s-smilie:. Are they any good? HEEEELLLLLLPPP?
Not sure what they're like inside, but I can tell you that location wise they're extremely handy. The flats are above the Thistles shopping centre, smack bang in the middle of town. 2 minutes walk from most of the shops/ restaurants/ pubs and 30 seconds from the main bus-stop that'll take you to Campus. Also about 1 minute from the bus/ train stations.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Hey. I was wondering how it's like from the inside. Any updates?
Reply 3
Having lived there between 2014-2015, I can safely say that it's an old building, with old rooms, but a spacious kitchen. I lived with 7 more students, so as you understand it can get a bit noisy as there were so many students sharing the same roof (each had their own room obviously). There were also 2 small bathrooms, which we split according to gender. Its main advantage is that it's close to the Thistles Mall (less than a minute), several pubs (3-10 mins) and almost, I repeat almost across the bus station. If you are on a tight budget and don't mind old buildings, I think you should give it a try.

Quick Reply

Latest