The Student Room Group

Eminem is overrated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
Mockingbird is very aggressive isn't it? :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's called rap, not shout out words to a beat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Immortal Technique
Reply 62
Who can rhyme better than him? Make more messed up lyrics than him? NO ONE. I hate to see people not give credit where it is due, Eminem is the best hip hop has to offer, look at his music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Messed up lyrics do not constitute greatness lol. He gets plenty of credit, that's what this thread is about haha. He's a good rapper, but his music is a bit stale now.
Reply 63
So you're saying that Kanye is better than Eminem? And no, Eminem didn't copy the beastie boys, they don't even have similar music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, when did I say that? Eminem is in my top 5 and one of my favourites, fans like you are just annoying though.

There are more similarities between Eminem and Beastie Boys compared to Eminem and Kanye (just look at his latest song), if you knew anything about Hip-Hop you'd know that.
Who can rhyme better than him? Make more messed up lyrics than him? NO ONE. I hate to see people not give credit where it is due, Eminem is the best hip hop has to offer, look at his music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rakim, prodigy, a young busta rhymes, talib kweli, mos def, masta ace, andre 3000, the list can go on

cant believe you wrote that
Original post by niceguy95
Rakim, prodigy, a young busta rhymes, talib kweli, mos def, masta ace, andre 3000, the list can go on

cant believe you wrote that

I agree with Rakim and Andre and Masta Ace but I would not say that the others are better at rhyming. But as a whole, Eminem is better than them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with Rakim and Andre and Masta Ace but I would not say that the others are better at rhyming. But as a whole, Eminem is better than them

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats your biased opinion though, i know for a fact people whom listen to the rap/Hip hop genre, more will disagree, then agree with you......
every rap artist sounds mediocre when you listen to 2pac.
Original post by niceguy95
thats your biased opinion though, i know for a fact people whom listen to the rap/Hip hop genre, more will disagree, then agree with you......

Immortal technique said 'Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal' - take note.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Top 5 rappers of all time.

1. Biggie Smalls.
2. Biggie smalls.
3. Biggie smalls.
4. Biggie smalls.
5. Biggie smalls.
Original post by Kimchi19
Top 5 rappers of all time.

1. Biggie Smalls.
2. Biggie smalls.
3. Biggie smalls.
4. Biggie smalls.
5. Biggie smalls.

Westside 'til i die, mother******.
2pac!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
He is overrated, that's not a criticism as he is good but he's not one of the all time greats of the genre in my opinion. Also it's not fair to compare Em to Kanye, one is a producer/rapper and the other is a spitter so it's like apples and oranges, besides as a rapper he's not as good as Eminem anyway.

Em is not one of my favourites to be honest but he is one of the great rhymers and spitters, you can't really deny it. His way of putting words together and his rhyming dexterity is up there with the best. If he'd have done an album with quality producers when he was at his peak then he'd probably have made a classic and would rightly be regarded as one of the all time greats, but he didn't. Listening to MMLP in 2013, the beats have aged horribly and once you get past the silliness, gimmicks and shock value there are only really 3 or 4 really good tracks on that CD. Slim Shady LP as well but less so, great CD with some of his best tracks but not a classic either in my opinion.
Original post by josh_cook
If you think Eminem is the best Hip Hop has to offer, you are crazy...

:rolleyes: I guess you haven't heard of Soulja Boy and his infamous "Kiss em thru the phone" single......:eek4:
Original post by josh_cook
If you think Eminem is the best Hip Hop has to offer, you are crazy...

Totally agree, he can rap no doubt and has good flow, but he's written a lot of really awful stuff too. People seem to think he's the only white rapper when there's lots of decent white rappers I. Us hip hop asher Roth, Mac miller, action Bronson to name a few.
There's lots on the uk hip hop scene but its not as estabilished.
Original post by Fashion Girl
:rolleyes: I guess you haven't heard of Soulja Boy and his infamous "Kiss em thru the phone" single......:eek4:

that's not rap that's garbage

this is him now

Garbage.
Reply 75
Eminem was better than Biggie. u hattin cause Eminem be white yo.
Reply 76
Original post by Fashion Girl

Oh come on that has got to be sarcastic haha
Reply 77
Original post by EnzoC
Eminem was better than Biggie. u hattin cause Eminem be white yo.

madness
Reply 78
Eminem is definitely not overated. The post Marshal Mathers LP Eminem definitely is however. Why does he shout all the time now and talk about his emo emotions? And I also hate it when these hipster teens (mostly girls) who know nothing about rap call him the greatest of all time.
Reply 79
i think their are tiers and enimem is in the top tier , flo rider is in the bottom tier

Quick Reply

Latest