The Student Room Group

HELP! A-Level Sociology or Health and Social Care?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As you can see from the title I need help whether to do sociology or Health and social. I already asked the teachers if they can change my H&S to Socio. But I'm still confused as to what I should pick. I'm doing Art, RE and H&S at the moment and want to do Law in Uni but also want to do midwifery. Can anybody help me? Preferred if you did either socio or h&s. Thanks :smile:
I would recommend sociology for the subjects you've mentioned, however, if you're considering midwifery it might be more prudent to take either psychology, biology or chemistry. Also, if you want to take law, many universities will want you to have something like English, History or a MFL subject.
I would do some thorough research on what Law and Midwifery require if you're aiming for them, as your current subjects could negatively affect your chances.
Sociology would be considered stronger in relation to Law and RE is also strong, it may be useful however looking at art as I know some of the more respected uni's don't accept it for Law, but as long as you have 2 "good" subjects it should be fine.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest