The Student Room Group

GlaxoSmithKline graduate programmes 2014

Does anyone know when they usually open their programmes? The website just says 'September 2013'. More specifically, does anyone have any experience (positive or negative) of applying to the communications scheme?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has no one else applied, or have I put this in the wrong place? (...more likely) Anyway, I am back again to say that the "We'll be in touch shortly with an update!" status message has disappeared from my candidate homepage, but I haven't had any emails or other communication. Odd.
Reply 2
Hey,

I've been waiting for a reply, and yet haven't received anything not sure how to take it, but I'm guessing they will inform us by late October or before assessments take place in November.
Reply 3
Heya

I applied 2 Fridays earlier, still waiting for a response. But basically, on the candidate home page, there is nothing under Status, but a new section 'Telephone Interview' appeared now, but it's blank.

Happened with any of you lot?

Shawkat
Reply 4
Original post by shawkathuss
Heya

I applied 2 Fridays earlier, still waiting for a response. But basically, on the candidate home page, there is nothing under Status, but a new section 'Telephone Interview' appeared now, but it's blank.

Happened with any of you lot?

Shawkat

Mine says 'Telephone Interview', too...! I have a friend who applied for, and was successful in getting, a sandwich placement with GSK, and she said they took absolutely ages, too, so I would basically say that the longer it takes, the better. At least they haven't weeded us out yet! :p:
Reply 5
I see. I think ours will be quicker, coz the assessment centres run during November for grad schemes. Hopefully will find out by the next week or so.
Reply 6
i applied mid September and the status message has disappeared too but i can't see the telephone interview section.

do you think that means i didnt get through :frown:

i thought my application was pretty decent
Reply 7
Original post by Random73
i applied mid September and the status message has disappeared too but i can't see the telephone interview section.

do you think that means i didnt get through :frown:

i thought my application was pretty decent

I think they probably updated some people's statuses, and then didn't send out the info so will do it in the next few days. I think they probably realised before everyone's got updated. I honestly wouldn't worry! Also, if you haven't been checking obsessively (like, every day) it could have come and gone without you realising.
Reply 8
Yeah you have a point. I haven't really been checking it. I'll post on here once i get a response.
Reply 9
anyone hear back from GSK yet? I haven't.
Reply 10
no i havent either. its weird because they said the assessment centre will start to run in november which is very soon and before we even go to the assessment centre there is a telephone interview stage.
i heard from GSK. they actually dont do a telephone interview. its an internet based interview- run by a company called sonru. they say "its to let the candidate do the interview at their own convenience". basically u do the interview and ur responses get recorded. the recruiter then views ur interview whenever they want. im a bit pessimistic about this approach to b honest. anyone else heard about 'sonru' interviews? and they give u a deadline of 3 days to complete the interview. on the third day i believe, u have to submit by midnight.
in addition, does anyone know what kind of questions they ask?
I just did a sonru type interview for another company, but its called take the interview. Its a really strange process though, I'd much rather actually talk to someone over the phone though.

Anyone got a reply yet? I applied 2 weeks ago...they seem to be pushing the deadline further and further back...
Reply 14
i have also been invited to complete a video interview with sonru. does anyone know if it records the whole interview (including reading/listening to the question and thinking time) or do we have the option to record our answers when we are ready?
Original post by wacissej
i have also been invited to complete a video interview with sonru. does anyone know if it records the whole interview (including reading/listening to the question and thinking time) or do we have the option to record our answers when we are ready?

Assuming that this sonru is the same as take the interview, you get shown the question you have to answer, you get some time to prepare it (30secs to 1min) and then you have to answer it within the time frame probably 1-2 mins but when you're ready
when did you guys apply btw? and roughly how long did it take them to get back to you? just to check, you lot applied for grad schemes right?
Reply 17
Original post by shawkathuss
when did you guys apply btw? and roughly how long did it take them to get back to you? just to check, you lot applied for grad schemes right?

I applied as soon as applications opened in early September so it took them about 7-8 weeks to get back to me. Yes I applied for the pharm sales and marketing scheme
Reply 18
Original post by memon.faris
i heard from GSK. they actually dont do a telephone interview. its an internet based interview- run by a company called sonru. they say "its to let the candidate do the interview at their own convenience". basically u do the interview and ur responses get recorded. the recruiter then views ur interview whenever they want. im a bit pessimistic about this approach to b honest. anyone else heard about 'sonru' interviews? and they give u a deadline of 3 days to complete the interview. on the third day i believe, u have to submit by midnight.

you heard back from them? did they tell you you got through to the internet based interview? if so, congrats :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by wacissej
I applied as soon as applications opened in early September so it took them about 7-8 weeks to get back to me. Yes I applied for the pharm sales and marketing scheme

have you done your video interviewing yet? how was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending