The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Has anyone who has been given an offer been given a date to go to one of the offer days ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1181
Original post by uikram1
Has anyone who has been given an offer been given a date to go to one of the offer days ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

No havnt gotten anything from Keele, I only know about my offer through track

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1182
Original post by KimbyJayne
Anyne know what the interview:redface:ffer ratio is like @ Keele?? Or how many offers they give out? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 2000 applicants for roughly 280 offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thoshan95
I had an interview on 19th december at 3:30, and got a response from them saying its not going to be till 31st march that they give a descion, keele is my last one out of the four, and im really worried now. They said that they cant make a firm descion, so will have to wait after 31st of march, is this bad or good or what, literally dying inside now :frown:

I'm sorry about that. I'm guessing your application is on hold? Did they email you saying that or did you call? Best of luck :smile: lots of people who've taken gap years said they really enjoyed them!

And for everyone else, I've just called the admissions team. They've made most decisions post interview so they should all be going out in the next couple of weeks, good luck everyone, this really is it now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still yet to hear if I made it to the interview stage! Wait is killing me
Original post by kangarooblue
I'm sorry about that. I'm guessing your application is on hold? Did they email you saying that or did you call? Best of luck :smile: lots of people who've taken gap years said they really enjoyed them!

And for everyone else, I've just called the admissions team. They've made most decisions post interview so they should all be going out in the next couple of weeks, good luck everyone, this really is it now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were you able to find out the status of your own application or was that all they told you? Also, when was your interview? :smile:
Original post by kangarooblue

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you ask them anything about possible interviews still being given out? or anything about people who sitll havent heard anything
Original post by Stephhhaaanie
Were you able to find out the status of your own application or was that all they told you? Also, when was your interview? :smile:

No, but she did say that most decisions have been made so it was annoying she couldn't just tell me! 29th January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazybug18
did you ask them anything about possible interviews still being given out? or anything about people who sitll havent heard anything

She said all final decisions (except, presumably, those on hold) will go out in the next couple of weeks. It says on their website that they will allocate their last invitations to interview shortly. It sucks to be left in the lurch, I just want to know now! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer :biggrin:...been waiting since 19th December
Original post by aalhayalee
Just got an offer :biggrin:...been waiting since 19th December

Well done! Congrats! When did it come through?
Reply 1191
Just got a post-interview rejection.
Anyone from 30th jan yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1193
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I think I'm going to apply here for medicine.
[SCROLL]:woo:[/SCROLL]

Anybody else?

fok this elitist attitude of the uk, who thinks it can tell people that coz you got a B you would struggle with a medical degree.
Yeah rite, when there is only 6 marks between an A and a B??? This country has supressed us for toooo long
Cue warsaw, czech, uni's...where they will accept anyone....and you can realise your dreams there...
Their method of "quality control" is exams weekly!!!! (you dont pass you dont carry on !! ha).
So....CENTRAL EUROPE SAYS ----"Here is the medicine degree.....come see if you can hack it"
U.K SAYS ----"We have a really hard medical degree and ONLY people with grade A's will be able to hack it"

Oh really U.K..... I personally know 4 people ( 2 medicine and 2 Vet) in central europe who got B at Alevels and are in their 3rd Years....
I know its embarrasing for them....but that alone BLOWS there argument from here to a point unimaginable :biggrin:
Original post by wablapna
fok this elitist attitude of the uk, who thinks it can tell people that coz you got a B you would struggle with a medical degree.
Yeah rite, when there is only 6 marks between an A and a B??? This country has supressed us for toooo long
Cue warsaw, czech, uni's...where they will accept anyone....and you can realise your dreams there...
Their method of "quality control" is exams weekly!!!! (you dont pass you dont carry on !! ha).
So....CENTRAL EUROPE SAYS ----"Here is the medicine degree.....come see if you can hack it"
U.K SAYS ----"We have a really hard medical degree and ONLY people with grade A's will be able to hack it"

Oh really U.K..... I personally know 4 people ( 2 medicine and 2 Vet) in central europe who got B at Alevels and are in their 3rd Years....
I know its embarrasing for them....but that alone BLOWS there argument from here to a point unimaginable :biggrin:

Go back to school, re-do English and then come back and re-write whatever you have just said so that it can be understood by a human being you illiterate arse wipe

Posted from TSR Mobile
OFFER !!! Miracles do happen!! Interview in December for anyone interested!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1196
Original post by robrob9595
Go back to school, re-do English and then come back and re-write whatever you have just said so that it can be understood by a human being you illiterate arse wipe

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know exactly what im talking about. I know another guy who had an sneezing fit in his exam and it cost him probs 4/5 marks and a grade A.....:biggrin:
This bull**** about grade B people would struggle is balderdash....
Im off to europe next year to study vet medicine as a graduate.......while all the others are desperatley sweating the uk university admissions policy VIRUS out of their system hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha:biggrin:
Later ill holla you when ive bought my new stethoscope next summer hee hee hee hee
Reply 1197
just to let you know...you sound incredibly bitter and you're not helping anyone on this thread
Original post by wablapna

Don't really understand the point you're trying to make :s-smilie:
Reply 1199
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Don't really understand the point you're trying to make :s-smilie:

well if you dont understand the point im trying to make....i dont think your good enough for medicine hahahahahaha:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending