The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Purple Card

I'm on the LUSU website trying to sign up for a purple card online, and being a new student this year I'm clicking the new student 'find me' option. However, after typing my name in, all I get is a message saying "We found the most recent you! Just wanna check it's really you. For security etc :wink:" but then nothing else happens.

Any help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't even find myself on there xD I'm a new student too and I've completed preregistration and the IT section, but still nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by eimmas
I'm on the LUSU website trying to sign up for a purple card online, and being a new student this year I'm clicking the new student 'find me' option. However, after typing my name in, all I get is a message saying "We found the most recent you! Just wanna check it's really you. For security etc :wink:" but then nothing else happens.

Any help?

Send LUSU an email. http://lusu.co.uk/contact/
Reply 3
No email response as of yet.

Reply 4
Original post by MMAGuy
No email response as of yet.

They might work less over the holidays but should get back to you soon.
I ordered mine last night, all went smoothly.
Do you all think the Purple Card will be worth buying?
Reply 7
I don't think you can get in to the sugarhouse without it, and for all the discounts you get, I didn't think twice!
Reply 8
Ordered yesterday, got the three year discount though :tongue:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 9
I finally got mine ordered in the end, and got the NUS extra card whilst I was at it. My issue now is, though, how do I log in on the NUS website to see offers seeing as I signed up when buying my purple card, rather than buying separately...
Reply 10
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
Do you all think the Purple Card will be worth buying?

In my opinion, no. I was gonna get a refund for it when they made it so you didn't need it to join societies* but laziness got the better of me.

*there used to be the red card which only let you join societies but LUSU didn't really advertise it because it only cost £1, so they didn't make much money from it.
Reply 11
So what's the conclusion? Should we buy the purple card and NUS card or just the purple or none?

The purple card seems to have some good offers but I can't find any info about the NUS card.
Reply 12
imo buy both
I've had an NUS card over the past year, it cost me £12 and i've saved over that with my card
I use it everywhere I can and it's saved so much it's well worth it

it's even cheaper with the purple card
you can also use your NUS card when shopping online

the purple card will offer you loads of discounts around Lancaster and imo it's worth it for just that tenner or so

i've gone for both because i know i'll save more than the card's worth!
Reply 13
Original post by Rogers
imo buy both
I've had an NUS card over the past year, it cost me £12 and i've saved over that with my card
I use it everywhere I can and it's saved so much it's well worth it

it's even cheaper with the purple card
you can also use your NUS card when shopping online

the purple card will offer you loads of discounts around Lancaster and imo it's worth it for just that tenner or so

i've gone for both because i know i'll save more than the card's worth!

I think the Purple card is worth it but I'm unsure about the NUS. I do all my online shopping on Amazon. Can I use the NUS card there?
Reply 14
Original post by vanu
I think the Purple card is worth it but I'm unsure about the NUS. I do all my online shopping on Amazon. Can I use the NUS card there?

Not sure. Check here: http://www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/discounts/
These are pretty much most of them I think. A lot of the discounts is with Travel but there's also really good discounts with Rymans and stuff for your stationery.
I bought mine today, the three year version and NUS, when I finished paying for it I just got a page saying SUCCESS with my delivery details on the right, nothing about when the card would arrive, or e-mail or anything else, it's like they took my money and just left me hanging lol

Either way, it does ask you to upload some kind of photo of yourself, they say it doesn't matter if it's not a passport photo as long as your face is visible. Idk how this is gonna turn out, whether it'll be pixelated / stretched out on the card or not I don't know.
Reply 16
Original post by vanu

If you have a look at the offers on the NUS website, you'll see one of the offers is an Amazon student discount :smile: If I remember correctly I think it's something like 5%, which doesn't seem like a huge amount, but if you do the majority of your shopping online then it will quickly add up and end up saving you more than the cost of the card..
Reply 17
I'll get the NUS as well then but may as well wait till I get there and let somebody else do the bad photo lol.
Reply 18
I ordered mine a week before coming and as I never received it in the post, went to collect from LUSU. Not sure if anyone else had this problem but they couldn't find it and said that they will email me when they find it. Will this be a problem if I haven't heard by Thursday when all the fresher fair stuff is on?
Reply 19
Have you tried visited LUSU?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending