The Student Room Group

Russell Brand gets thrown out of GQ awards for Nazi jokes aimed at Hugo Boss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by datpiff
Yes! Doesn't get enough props for his intelligence. The media like to make it look as though he is stupid, but if they were face to face with him he'd tear them to shreds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
Reply 21
Brand is funnier and more intelligent that 90% of comedians and is a person with good intentions.

That being said, he knows how to make the wrong decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by pmc:producer
Where did you pull that statement from?

He didn't say the foreign secretary should be working 24/7. Nor did he imply it. He was having a dig at the civil servant funded by tax payers money in charge of dealing with foreign affairs attending an irrelevant award ceremony whilst "**** needs sorted out abroad"... In foreign countries...

Sure, "**** needs sorted out abroad", but if Hague's entitled to spend his time off however he likes. If he's taking time out of work, or receiving tax payer's money for being there, then fine, the criticism is valid. My point was that if you don't expect him to be working 24/7, then he's allowed time off. If he's allowed time off, then he's allowed to attend the GQ awards in his own time.
Original post by pjm600
Sure, "**** needs sorted out abroad", but if Hague's entitled to spend his time off however he likes. If he's taking time out of work, or receiving tax payer's money for being there, then fine, the criticism is valid. My point was that if you don't expect him to be working 24/7, then he's allowed time off. If he's allowed time off, then he's allowed to attend the GQ awards in his own time.

That's not the main issue here (working 24/7)... Poor timing is. With the state of his 'department' if you like - maybe some overtime is required eh? :wink:
Reply 24
That's not the main issue here (working 24/7)... Poor timing is. With the state of his 'department' if you like - maybe some overtime is required eh? :wink:

Perhaps (I wonder what rate they get; time and half, double, triple...), but he's not going to solve it in an evening, or even make much progress. If he was going to be sat at home in his slippers for the evening there wouldn't be any issue, I don't really see the difference.
Most people know what kind of comedian Russell Brand is and he is known for making quite controversial jokes. It is common knowledge that Hugo Boss designed the uniforms, surely he must be used to comments like this by now. After watching the video what Russell Brand said was quite tame in comparison to the jokes he usually makes, he tried to make sure he didn't cross the line. I'm personally surprised he didn't say much worse :dontknow:
Original post by pjm600
Perhaps (I wonder what rate they get; time and half, double, triple...), but he's not going to solve it in an evening, or even make much progress. If he was going to be sat at home in his slippers for the evening there wouldn't be any issue, I don't really see the difference.

Plus expenses! :lol:

And imagine nobody ever done anything about anything because 'it won't be fixed over night anyway'?

Complex problems take time to fix, of course it won't happen overnight. But a good start would be actually focusing on said problem in the first place.
He wasn't even that offensive. Sure somebody will be offended but that is the nature of comedy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Nothing wrong with what he said, what he said was true.
Reply 29
Silly to chuck him out you just gave the man an award.
Reply 30
Plus expenses! :lol:

And imagine nobody ever done anything about anything because 'it won't be fixed over night anyway'?

Complex problems take time to fix, of course it won't happen overnight. But a good start would be actually focusing on said problem in the first place.

I know, but my point is that he'd probably be off work at that time anyway, as he isn't at work 24/7. He'd either be at home making sure the moat's been cleared properly, or at the GQs having a jolly good time. I personally don't mind how he chooses to spend his free time.
I don't think it was that offensive, but I don't think he's al that either. He's quite overrated.
Reply 32
Original post by thunder_chunky
I don't think it was that offensive, but I don't think he's al that either. He's quite overrated.

Russell Brand is a master of dark comedy and irony. If you don't find him funny then I guess you better stick to generic simplistic comedy from Michael McIntyre or one of those rubbish northern TV pundit 'comedians'.
Original post by tsnake23
Russell Brand is a master of dark comedy and irony. If you don't find him funny then I guess you better stick to generic simplistic comedy from Michael McIntyre or one of those rubbish northern TV pundit 'comedians'.

Yes that's right, I don't think much of Russell Brand therefore I prefer simplistic comedy. You've hit the nail on the head. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending