The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 Applicants - 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Guys chill out.
Reply 1781
Hi guys
I'm a uk graduate and I received an offer from glasgow through ucas yesterday but I haven't got the email
Has this happened to anyone else?
What should I do?
Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1782
RUK student unconditional offer! :smile: Best of luck to those still waiting.
Original post by sweetchilli
from Glasgow website

Decision
Applicants will know the outcome of their application by the end of March in that year’s admissions cycle, through UCAS. We are not normally in a position to reconsider applications after a decision has been made. If places become available later in the admissions process, we may contact applicants who narrowly missed an offer after an interview and who are not holding a place at another institution.

they do not have a waiting list... and if someone misses out on an offer, it is because they did not score highly enough to get one in the first place.

Fair enough, but that description sounds an awful lot like a waiting list haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jma2014
Hi guys
I'm a uk graduate and I received an offer from glasgow through ucas yesterday but I haven't got the email
What should I do?
Thanks

Yep same situation with me!
Reply 1785
Stickysituation: have you tried calling them?
I was thinking of doing that today
Ill let you know how I get on
I hope they don't say oops no the offer was a mistake :s
I'm kind of worried
Hello,
I am a UK graduate with an offer, I received the UCAS notification first, followed by an email the following morning (at about 6am!!)
Could other graduates with an offer please direct message me? Cheers, and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.
x
Reply 1787
Original post by Jma2014
I'm kind of worried

If you have an offer through UCAS, Glasgow can not then say you don't have an offer. In my email from Glasgow it says if there is conflicting updates, the decision on UCAS is final.
Reply 1788
Original post by calum_c
If you have an offer through UCAS, Glasgow can not then say you don't have an offer. In my email from Glasgow it says if there is conflicting updates, the decision on UCAS is final.

Thanks for clearing that up :smile:
Original post by Jma2014
I'm kind of worried

No the UCAS decision is the main one, I'm not worried just looking forward to getting the Glasgow email. If you ring let me know and I'll do the same for you if I can sneak out of work to ring them lol.
Reply 1790
Original post by stickysituation
No the UCAS decision is the main one, I'm not worried just looking forward to getting the Glasgow email. If you ring let me know and I'll do the same for you if I can sneak out of work to ring them lol.
I called and spoke to a very nice lady who said that they haven't sent the emails to everyone and if it's been updated on track then the offer stands
She said that the majority of the emails will be sent out after all the decisions have been made at the end of march so it's all good :biggrin:
Original post by Jma2014
I called and spoke to a very nice lady who said that they haven't sent the emails to everyone and if it's been updated on track then the offer stands
She said that the majority of the emails will be sent out after all the decisions have been made at the end of march so it's all good :biggrin:

Sweet! Thanks for that :smile:
Reply 1792
I've created a group on facebook for anyone who has an offer:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/227506500786790/
Original post by Jma2014
Hi guys
What should I do?
Thanks

The decision comes through UCAS first, then the uni will send you an email. Certainly that's what happened to me (Scottish applicant). The email sometimes comes through a day or two after UCAS gets updated :smile: I wouldn't worry about it. Congrats on the offer though! :biggrin:
Reply 1794
hi guys i knw this is nt relevant to this thread buttt has anyone done the AS biology ISA on osmosis , A2 biology isa on reaction time and chemistry AS isa on group 2 metals and A2 chemistry ISA on equilibrium constants ??? exam board= AQA
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1795
Got an offer! Offer around quarter too- RUK applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer today! Pretty sure I won't be accepting but still nice to have it. RUK applicant.
Reply 1797
Original post by Gibber96
Got my offer today! Pretty sure I won't be accepting but still nice to have it. RUK applicant.

Has anyone from northern Ireland received an offer yet ???? I'm still waiting ......anxiously !
Reply 1798
Original post by Mortyy
Has anyone from northern Ireland received an offer yet ???? I'm still waiting ......anxiously !

I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm yet to hear anything!
Reply 1799
Original post by Jonnyyyy
I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm yet to hear anything!

When was your interview ? Mine was 12th dec .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending