The Student Room Group

Eurosport Player Quality?

I'm considering getting Eurosport Player however I'm concerned that the quality won't be very good and I'll only be able to get British Eurosport which can sometimes cut out the good winter sports I want to watch, is the quality HD and can I get the pan-European feed or is it British Eurosport only?

I'll be watching it on my SmartTv which is why I'm asking about quality :smile:

Cheers! :h:
Reply 1
Original post by tehFrance
I'm considering getting Eurosport Player however I'm concerned that the quality won't be very good and I'll only be able to get British Eurosport which can sometimes cut out the good winter sports I want to watch, is the quality HD and can I get the pan-European feed or is it British Eurosport only?

I'll be watching it on my SmartTv which is why I'm asking about quality :smile:

Cheers! :h:

The quality is HD (assuming the stream being recorded is, as would be the same on the TV channels!).

You only get British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2. You do get some bonus features like multi-court coverage, but not a continuous stream of the other European channels.

Or, to be slightly more specific, you get coverage from the country you're in. So if you were in France, you'd get the French Eurosport channels. Perhaps you could connect through a proxy, but I'm not sure if it would work and I'm obviously not suggesting you do try and break the terms of your contract :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by DarkWhite
The quality is HD (assuming the stream being recorded is, as would be the same on the TV channels!).

You only get British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2. You do get some bonus features like multi-court coverage, but not a continuous stream of the other European channels.

Or, to be slightly more specific, you get coverage from the country you're in. So if you were in France, you'd get the French Eurosport channels. Perhaps you could connect through a proxy, but I'm not sure if it would work and I'm obviously not suggesting you do try and break the terms of your contract :rolleyes:

Oh really? That's good, just I remember Sky Go's Eurosport was dreadful quality even at 'high' but what you say is good :biggrin:

Ah damn :frown:

I no longer have access to a French proxy although if I do in the future, I'll be sure to get the French one :colone:
Reply 3
Original post by tehFrance
Oh really? That's good, just I remember Sky Go's Eurosport was dreadful quality even at 'high' but what you say is good :biggrin:

Ah damn :frown:

I no longer have access to a French proxy although if I do in the future, I'll be sure to get the French one :colone:

Well the only limiting factor on quality with Eurosport Player is your Internet bandwidth really; I'm not sure HD would stream well on an <=8Mbps connection, but above that should be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending