The Student Room Group

I have been invited to haines watts interview for the audit and accounts placement

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Boig3488
What kind of questions will come up? Has anyone ever sat it before? I will appreciate any advice.

Congratulations on being invited to an interview for the audit and accounts placement at Haines Watts! While I can't give you specific details about the interview questions, here are some general tips that may be helpful:

Research the company: Make sure you have a good understanding of Haines Watts, its values, and its services. This will show your interest in the company and your preparedness for the interview.

Prepare for competency-based questions: Haines Watts may ask you about your experience and skills, so be prepared to give specific examples of times when you demonstrated these qualities. These types of questions typically start with phrases such as "Tell me about a time when..." or "Give me an example of...".

Know the role: Make sure you have a clear understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of the audit and accounts placement. This will help you tailor your answers to the specific requirements of the role.

Practice your interview skills: Practicing with friends or family members can help you feel more comfortable and confident during the interview. It's important to speak clearly, listen carefully to the questions, and take time to think before answering.

Dress appropriately: Make sure you dress professionally and appropriately for the interview. This shows that you take the opportunity seriously and are respectful of the company's expectations.

Remember to be yourself and show your enthusiasm for the role and the company. Good luck with your interview!
hey, where are you on the application process? i did the psychometric tests yesterday and they haven’t got back to me - this is for a trainee position
Original post by trynabesomething
hey, where are you on the application process? i did the psychometric tests yesterday and they haven’t got back to me - this is for a trainee position

Hey, I did the tests 3 weeks ago but still haven’t heard anything back - have you ?
I just had my last interview and haven't heard back from them in almost 2 weeks; they told me I'll hear back from them last week either way but still have not. Is it the same for you?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous1230919
I just had my last interview and haven't heard back from them in almost 2 weeks; they told me I'll hear back from them last week either way but still have not. Is it the same for you?

Hi
I’ve also had the interview but not yet heard back- have you?
Original post by zaak
Hi
I’ve also had the interview but not yet heard back- have you?

I emailed them this Tuesday to ask if there's been an update and it turns out that they emailed me last week Thursday but it didn't come through to me. I got a call back a few hours later and was told I got the job!

Maybe you didn't receive your email like me? Try emailing them Monday morning so that your email is one of the first ones they see, and hopefully they'll get back to you on the same day.

I hope this helped!
Reply 7
I emailed them this Tuesday to ask if there's been an update and it turns out that they emailed me last week Thursday but it didn't come through to me. I got a call back a few hours later and was told I got the job!

Maybe you didn't receive your email like me? Try emailing them Monday morning so that your email is one of the first ones they see, and hopefully they'll get back to you on the same day.

I hope this helped!

Thanks for replying, i’ll email them :smile:
Reply 8

I hope this helped!

Hey,
I've managed to make it through to the virtual assessment day and was wondering if you could let me know what its like if you also did this and any tips or specifics i should prep for.
Original post by xAS4x
Hey,
I've managed to make it through to the virtual assessment day and was wondering if you could let me know what its like if you also did this and any tips or specifics i should prep for.

If it's the group assessment, then I suggest looking into their website and trying to remember all the services they provide (if that's what they told you). The question will probably be based around that. They'll give you time (to work together if you want) to plan before presenting the answer.

The best advice I can give you is to do your research and have some notes on the day, and to put yourself out there. Working with the other applicants and encouraging them will also show them that you're a team player.

Of course, this all depends on what task they give you, but I wish you all the best nonetheless.

Good luck!
Reply 10
(Original post by Anonymous1230919)If it's the group assessment, then I suggest looking into their website and trying to remember all the services they provide (if that's what they told you). The question will probably be based around that. They'll give you time (to work together if you want) to plan before presenting the answer.

The best advice I can give you is to do your research and have some notes on the day, and to put yourself out there. Working with the other applicants and encouraging them will also show them that you're a team player.

Of course, this all depends on what task they give you, but I wish you all the best nonetheless.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your help and your quick response. It's greatly appreciated.
Reply 11
How was the interview like for you? I had an interview last week just waiting to hear back hopefully. Which location did u apply to and how long do they take to get back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending