The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool University 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Are you guys buying freshers wristbands? I'm kind of confused by freshers week!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by poppybethan

No, it's easier to pay at the door or wait until you know what you're housemates are doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissB26
No, it's easier to pay at the door or wait until you know what you're housemates are doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? The website kind of implied that you wouldn't get in without a wristband. Thanks!
Original post by Chloeleigh1
I had green bank court!! It was awful so now I've got myrtle court , but can't find anyone else who is here!??

I'm in Crown Place but I think there are Facebook groups out there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really? The website kind of implied that you wouldn't get in without a wristband. Thanks!

They're just trying to make money you see, you may not go to every event so paying 50-60 quid may be a waste of money.
But on Facebook I saw the individual prices for each event which are range from 3-6 quid or so and the freshers ball being £25 genuinely speaking it's up to you but I don't know what I'm going to do yet
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MissB26
They're just trying to make money you see, you may not go to every event so paying 50-60 quid may be a waste of money.
But on Facebook I saw the individual prices for each event which are range from 3-6 quid or so and the freshers ball being £25 genuinely speaking it's up to you but I don't know what I'm going to do yet
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true. All they want is to know that they have the money and it's all sorted, especially the ones that are not coming from the guild so I am not even bothering, especially since getting pissed it's not my thing.

On the other hand, anybody else in Psychology? Forensic Psychology? Masters? :wink:
Has anyone doing law started reading some of the books on the summer reading list yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1707
Original post by MissB26
Has anyone doing law started reading some of the books on the summer reading list yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well, I have read letters to a law student and some articles on contract law although I didn't know there was a summer reading list :confused: what does it say we should read??
Original post by Ryu14
well, I have read letters to a law student and some articles on contract law although I didn't know there was a summer reading list :confused: what does it say we should read??

There are a number of books I just noticed now :facepalm:
Anyone doing Occupational Therapy??
I've only found one person doing it so far.😩
Also, is anyone staying in Vine Court?

Message me if you're doing either! Haha.😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryu14
well, i have read letters to a law student and some articles on contract law although i didn't know there was a summer reading list :confused: what does it say we should read??

where is this reading list you speak of and why have i only found out now?
Original post by maryamzahid
where is this reading list you speak of and why have i only found out now?

I found out via Facebook last night it's on the law page
Original post by MissB26
I found out via Facebook last night it's on the law page

ah man, I have a lot of things to do now :frown: thanks for telling me :smile:
ah man, I have a lot of things to do now :frown: thanks for telling me :smile:

You're welcome :smile: do we have to buy the books and bring them to Liverpool with us?
Original post by MissB26
You're welcome :smile: do we have to buy the books and bring them to Liverpool with us?

hey, do you know I can find these reading lists on the website? I have no clue where it is :/ and I think we have to have the key essential books with us but we don't necessarily have to buy them first hand as we can loan them from the library and get them cheaper from someone who is now in second year.
hey, do you know I can find these reading lists on the website? I have no clue where it is :/ and I think we have to have the key essential books with us but we don't necessarily have to buy them first hand as we can loan them from the library and get them cheaper from someone who is now in second year.

On the welcome page for law there should be a list on the modules and if you scroll down you will see recommend books which we should read

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissB26
On the welcome page for law there should be a list on the modules and if you scroll down you will see recommend books which we should read

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah right thanks :smile:
right guys, I rang the university and they told me that we don't have to look at any reading list yet unless they officially confirm what books we need. :smile:
Anyone doing psychology? :smile:

Me. :smile:

I brought the platinum one.
right guys, I rang the university and they told me that we don't have to look at any reading list yet unless they officially confirm what books we need. :smile:

Uhhh saved me a lot of hassle for now. Thank you :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending