The Student Room Group

does AMBS accept transfer students?

hello, I am going to be studying finance and data analytics BSc at the university of Liverpool. Does anyone have any idea if I would be able to transfer to Manchesters Alliance business school in 2nd year entry?
Original post by Abdalkhan
hello, I am going to be studying finance and data analytics BSc at the university of Liverpool. Does anyone have any idea if I would be able to transfer to Manchesters Alliance business school in 2nd year entry?

From their "Frequently asked questions for undergraduates":

"I have completed a year of undergraduate study at another University, can I transfer into the second year of an undergraduate course at AMBS?

We do not accept any transfers directly into the second or third year due to the assessment and study options followed by our first-year students. All of our undergraduate courses are full degree programmes with a September start. All students must start the programme from year one and meet our general entry criteria. If you wish to be considered for year one entry you will need to apply via UCAS."

:frown:
Original post by Abdalkhan

Hi there,

So the course at University of Liverpool is a very high standard, which is comparable to the University of Manchester, however transferring to another University is generally difficult and always highly dependent upon the discretion of the course leaders at the new University. There may be modules which are greatly different at Manchester vs. Liverpool, or the course could already be oversubscribed. To give yourself the best chance I would advise you to get the highest grade possible to increase your chances!

However, if you haven't started at UoL yet, I would go in with an open mind, and I'm sure you will enjoy it and wish to stay for the full 3 years :smile: Best of luck whatever you do!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending