The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jollygood
I have got equivalent GCSE qualifications in which I got above 90% overall score. My AS are AAAA in phy, chem, bio and maths and I am predicted to get A*A*A*A*. UKCAT score of 635. A good PS and an amazing reference. Shouls I apply to UEA?

Wowww those are amazing grades indeed!:biggrin: The only thing you have as a slight let down is probably your ukcat...hell i got 645 and not as great grades as you and I'm still applying! :tongue: I think you have a shot here :smile:
Reply 41
I got 5a*s 5as, AABB, predicted A*A*A and 630 in ukcat- should I apply here?!

I know my ukcat is low but apparently i read they don't place that much emphasis on ukcat...
Reply 42
Original post by absaa
I got 5a*s 5as, AABB, predicted A*A*A and 630 in ukcat- should I apply here?!

I know my ukcat is low but apparently i read they don't place that much emphasis on ukcat...

I'd consider it, 630 is still a good score and from what I gather they use a holistic approach in determining who to interview, i.e. a low ukcat could be offset by your a* prediction, if you're still not sure ring them and ask is your best bet! :smile:
Reply 43
6A* 4A 2B
AS: AABB Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
A2 prediction A*AA
UKCAT score: 702.5

I know they interview top 650 so will A*AA meet the top?
Original post by Will-2609
Hey guys, sat my UKCAT this morning and as a result of it I'm now reconsidering my choices. I got 9A* and 3A at GCSE, ABBB at AS, and have predicted A2 grades of A*AAA. I got 832.5 and SJT band 2 on my UKCAT. What are my chances like for UEA?

Mate with that ukcat I wouldn't apply to uea but somewhere like Newcastle or Southampton where it's a regarded higher, you'd be almost guaranteed an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by matt_smithy
Mate with that ukcat I wouldn't apply to uea but somewhere like Newcastle or Southampton where it's a regarded higher, you'd be almost guaranteed an interview!

Thanks for the reply. Before taking it I was planning on applying to Newcastle, Nottingham, UEA and Sheffield. On the UEA open day I was told I would score highly on the academics, so I figured with that UKCAT score I'd stand a very good chance of getting an interview. Should be almost guaranteed interviews at Nottingham and Newcastle so I don't mind a little risk. :tongue:
Reply 46
Original post by Will-2609
Thanks for the reply. Before taking it I was planning on applying to Newcastle, Nottingham, UEA and Sheffield. On the UEA open day I was told I would score highly on the academics, so I figured with that UKCAT score I'd stand a very good chance of getting an interview. Should be almost guaranteed interviews at Nottingham and Newcastle so I don't mind a little risk. :tongue:

What do you mean almost? You got 832.....
Reply 47
Original post by Loiks94
What do you mean almost? You got 832.....

Well I just meant it's a physical possibility for enough people to have scored higher. But yeah, should be guaranteed.
Reply 48
Anyone else just blindly applying to UEA? I mean I'm not even sure what aspect of the application they place emphasis on...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by SuziieB
Anyone else just blindly applying to UEA? I mean I'm not even sure what aspect of the application they place emphasis on...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say I was blindly applying, I just think that because they look at everything holistically that it'd be as good idea since in combination my stats look stronger than separately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arllna
5A*s and 8As at GCSE
4A's at As level
Not sure on predicted grades for A2 but guessing A's/A*s
UKCAT overall= 3000, average 750.
Have done 3 volunteering placements and 2 w/e
I want to apply to Leicester, Sheffield, Plymouth and Southampton.
Am I good to go?

This is a UEA thread..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by letsbehonest
This is a UEA thread..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too funny...:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
woops sorry wrong thread!
Easy mistake to make on mobile, didn't have to laugh at me thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Arllna
woops sorry wrong thread!
Easy mistake to make on mobile, didn't have to laugh at me thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol it happens :smile: I had an interview from Leicester and posted on the thread for last year's Leicester applicants and was wondering why no one was replying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Just realised I only have a B in English does that mean i wont be considered????
Reply 55
Original post by Brightbud
Just realised I only have a B in English does that mean i wont be considered????

Unfortunately it seems you are correct:

'All applicants must have a minimum of six GCSE (or equivalent) passes at grade A or above to include English' however it does also say that 'Repeat GCSEs are accepted.' so you could try redoing it? .. alternatively there's plenty of other places that will accept you, just make sure you read the entry requirements thoroughly :-)

EDIT: I assume you are on about GCSE English Language?
Any other Scottish UEA applicants out there? Also, what are my chances here? (Excuse the sqa lingo!)
Standard grades- 8 1s
Highers AAABB (chemistry, human biology, physics, maths, english respectively)
Advanced Highers (predicted) AAAB (chemistry, biology, English, physics respectively).
Will this B prediction put me at a disadvantage? (Doing four AH is very rare).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by tdx

'All applicants must have a minimum of six GCSE (or equivalent) passes at grade A or above to include English' however it does also say that 'Repeat GCSEs are accepted.' so you could try redoing it? .. alternatively there's plenty of other places that will accept you, just make sure you read the entry requirements thoroughly :-)

I only have a B aswell! :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by tdx

I have an A in English Lit but B in English lang will I not be considered? This was my 4th option..
Reply 59
Original post by Loiks94
I have an A in English Lit but B in English lang will I not be considered? This was my 4th option..

I would assume they are talking about Language which going by their website would mean you would not be considered. However I would usually expect them to specify this but as they haven't then either may be accepted. Giving them a ring would be the only way to find out for sure!

Latest

Trending

Trending