The Student Room Group

Scottish Student Studying In England Funding Help

Hi there!

Im looking to move to London next and Study a postgrad in Theatre Sound at RADA.

Im doing all my homework before applying for the course but im struggling to understand what funding I can receive ( If any? ). First off I live in Scotland and was born here so If Im going to be moving to England and studying there would I go through SAAS or Student finance England?

Also secondly from what I have been reading since im studying a Postgrad subject I would only be able to seek funding for my tuition fee's and wouldn't be able to seek a maintenance grant / loan , am I right in saying this?

Im all a bit confused with it all at the moment hence why I decided to post here haha

Thanks in advance for any information and tips and apologies if a thread similar to this is already here :smile:
Reply 1
Masters/postgrad courses aren't normally funded by SF.

You would be applying to SAAS, but they generally don't cover postgrad courses apart from a very selected list at specific Scottish unis:
http://www.saas.gov.uk/full_time/pg/eligibility.htm

I'm afraid you'll be self-funding. Most people work and save first, get loans from family or take out a Career Development Loan.

You could approach RADA and ask how their students would normally fund the course. There may be things like bursaries, scholarships or fee-waivers for which you can apply but beware that many of these will be competitive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by calum-gracie
Hi there!

Im looking to move to London next and Study a postgrad in Theatre Sound at RADA.

Im doing all my homework before applying for the course but im struggling to understand what funding I can receive ( If any? ). First off I live in Scotland and was born here so If Im going to be moving to England and studying there would I go through SAAS or Student finance England?

Also secondly from what I have been reading since im studying a Postgrad subject I would only be able to seek funding for my tuition fee's and wouldn't be able to seek a maintenance grant / loan , am I right in saying this?

Im all a bit confused with it all at the moment hence why I decided to post here haha

Thanks in advance for any information and tips and apologies if a thread similar to this is already here :smile:

even tuition fees for postgraduate courses aren't funded except for certain NHS courses & teacher training and the diplomas mentioned on that SAAS list
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
thanks a lot for the replies! really helped me make sense of it all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending