The Student Room Group

Am I obliged to send my AS results in my UCAS application?

Question speaks for itself really. I did Mathematics AS this year and out of the 3 modules i got a 90, an 85 and a 62 :/
I don't know what went wrong with the last module but that caused my overrall grade to be a B (a remark of the paper has been done). I am disappointed with this overrall but I am certain that I can bring it up to an A. The issue is that I would prefer if the unis I am applying to didnt know i got a 62 in the last module. (I am going to resit the exam this year)

On a side note, is it true that LSE prefers candidates that have studied geography and history? (I read that somewhere but was pretty sure it was just an urban 'myth' :P).
Reply 1
Original post by mvaryani
Question speaks for itself really. I did Mathematics AS this year and out of the 3 modules i got a 90, an 85 and a 62 :/
I don't know what went wrong with the last module but that caused my overrall grade to be a B (a remark of the paper has been done). I am disappointed with this overrall but I am certain that I can bring it up to an A. The issue is that I would prefer if the unis I am applying to didnt know i got a 62 in the last module. (I am going to resit the exam this year)

On a side note, is it true that LSE prefers candidates that have studied geography and history? (I read that somewhere but was pretty sure it was just an urban 'myth' :P).

You have to enter all of your certified qualifications on your UCAS form. AS levels are a qualification and still have to be entered. Even if you plan to resit, you will have to enter it if it has been certified.
Original post by mvaryani

You have to declare all results, unless you are from one of the very tiny handful of private schools which don't cash in the AS results. No idea about LSE's preference. Try posting in their forum.
Thanks guys! Cheers!
Reply 4
Instead of writing the grade in UCAS you could put 'pending', but they could find it out if they really wanted to see it.

I think that's the case anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending