The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katr905
Hi, thanks for the info. Could I ask where you are from? I'm international.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: I'm from Spain
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Does anyone know when home applicants are notified about what accommodation they have been allocated? Is this after A level results day? Also, when do we pay the deposit? :smile:
Original post by katr905
Hey there. Thanks for the info!! Do you know if we will pay when we get to the uni, or how do we pay?

I am from Asia. Where are you from? By the way, what is your gender?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a girl hahaha. I'm from America (from Panama).

There are two specified dates to do the payments. I think one is in October and the other one in January. But you might pay the whole tuition fees at once. I think once you're accepted you're required to pay a part of the fees in advance (you should email them, because if you are sponsored (as me) maybe you will not need to pay in advance, just show them a letter that demonstrates how will you pay the uni fees) This is all specified on your offer letter.

There's a similar thing with accommodation, when you get the accommodation offer, then they will tell you how to pay and when.

:smile:
Original post by Laaauuuraaaaa
Hi everyone!! I'll be studying biochemistry and psychology. Does anyone know if the ones who already have a confirmed place recieve earlier an answer from accomodation or have to wait until everyone knows their qualifications?

I think they announce the accommodation offers for unconditional applicants first and then they announce the offers for conditionals. I read something like that on the Keele Accommodation site.
Reply 784
Anyone know anything about freshers?
i KNOW. there is no news yet. I hope thet have a good line up. professor green, tinie tempah, ed sheeran have all played there before. And john newman played in june.
I've had my offer changed on UCAS to unconditional!! SO happy:biggrin: Anybody doing Criminology + Psychology?
Original post by BethanyLM
I've had my offer changed on UCAS to unconditional!! SO happy:biggrin: Anybody doing Criminology + Psychology?

Im doing psychology :smile:
Reply 788
Original post by bethanylm
i've had my offer changed on ucas to unconditional!! So happy:d anybody doing criminology + psychology?

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
As someone whose just graduated and left Keele for the final time, make the most of your three years here. You will have the best times of your life, meet so many awesome friends and maybe even fall in love. Just make the most of it because it'll be over before you know it!
Original post by BethanyLM

Original post by RubyMadigan
Im doing psychology :smile:

Original post by KerrieT
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :biggrin:

Hi im going to apply to Keele for 2015 entry for psychology and criminology and im writing my personal statement now. I dont have any volunteer work. Will this put me at a disadvantage. How much volunteer etc did u guys have
Reply 791
Original post by Aneesah_May
Hi im going to apply to Keele for 2015 entry for psychology and criminology and im writing my personal statement now. I dont have any volunteer work. Will this put me at a disadvantage. How much volunteer etc did u guys have

Hi, I didn't have tonnes of volunteer work and none that was really relevant to the course. I just put down stuff that I'd got involved with at school/sixth form like stewarding walks and bucket shaking etc. As long as you show a willingness to get involved with stuff you should be fine. Good luck! :smile:
Hopefully I will be studying psychology and neuroscience at Keele in September,
just got to wait for results day to find out if I meet my offer, I really hope I get in
Original post by RhiannaH
Hopefully I will be studying psychology and neuroscience at Keele in September,
just got to wait for results day to find out if I meet my offer, I really hope I get in

As someone who went through results day last year I wish you the best of luck :smile:
If you get in I'll be doing psychology with you :smile:
As someone who went through results day last year I wish you the best of luck :smile:
If you get in I'll be doing psychology with you :smile:

Thanks, how did you find results day? was it nerve wracking or was it okay when it got to it?
Thanks, how did you find results day? was it nerve wracking or was it okay when it got to it?

It was one of the most stressful days of my life but I did have some other things going on at that time so I don't expect it will be as stressful for you. You just have to remind yourself that there is nothing you can do now to change your results. They are what they are :smile:
Still really good luck to you though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was one of the most stressful days of my life but I did have some other things going on at that time so I don't expect it will be as stressful for you. You just have to remind yourself that there is nothing you can do now to change your results. They are what they are :smile:
Still really good luck to you though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I will try keep that in mind on the day. Should help on the day. Are you doing a single or dual honours course at Keele?
Thank you, I will try keep that in mind on the day. Should help on the day. Are you doing a single or dual honours course at Keele?

Dual honours psychology and educational studies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do I acquire a reading list for English students? I was expecting an email but have not received anything. Any advice ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emmajean99
How do I acquire a reading list for English students? I was expecting an email but have not received anything. Any advice ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look on the website for the English department email address and email them

Quick Reply

Latest