The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AntiMonarchist
It always astonishes me how white people are obssessed/will spend lots of money trying to look darker, and brown people are obssessed/will spend lots of money trying to look pale.
I guess it is in the rich and powerful's interest worldwide to have us plebs feeling **** about ourselves unless we spend our hard earned, and limited, dosh on the latest comestic bull****e to allow us to feel comfortable with ourselves.

What a sick world

There's so much truth in this post, remind me to +rep you.

And, without discounting the obvious importance of attractiveness, I dare everyone to find me a really attractive super-powerful person (like a billionaire or something...)

Beauty will help. But is it as important to success as it's often made out to be? No.
Original post by katyness
I'm not a racist. I just don't think Asian men are attractive. And everyone that knows me in real life, knows that too. Including my boss.
It's fine if you & some other people that you know don't find them attractive but I don't see how you suddenly extrapolate that to everyone else.

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What the ****?

Hrithik-Roshan-Pic.jpg
M_Id_41144.jpg
imran-abbas-astrologer.jpg

That's nice of you although all of these are quite white compared to most South Asian guys I hang around, my own skin tone is about the same shade as Himesh Patel (aka Tamwar from EE).

Original post by Spontogical
anybody have any opinions on what the OP originally created this thread for?
Basically I have low confidence & part of it is down to my looks which is what people first see of you. I don't want a girl look at me & be like "eww/why is this guy talking to me" in their mind before I get a chance to show other features such as my personality. I kind of wanted to know what my chances are of finding someone instead of being single forever :redface:

How is that shallow though? It's not like all I care about is looks things like personality is important too but say my parents were to try & get me an arranged marriage I'd have to be physically attracted to a girl as well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanks for all the "sensible" replies people :smile: At the moment my aim is to improve my confidence & improve my social life before I think about getting a partner. Since physical attractiveness is a requirement for me I can't complain if it is for some girls, I just need to work on being the best that I can be really. If people are still not attracted then fair enough, at least I tried :ahee:

Latest

Trending

Trending