The Student Room Group

Predicted grades in gap year

So my situation is that I got BBB last year, but AAAD for English modules and ACAA in history modules. I'm resitting the two less good exams this year in a gap year and only need a few more marks for each to get AAB overall A Levels.

The thing is that I'm not sure where I would get my predicted grades from. My school say they can apply through them but I also have the option of going privately - would that mean that I can set my predicted grades? That would be odd but it's worth a try. :biggrin: I've asked the school and as of yet have got no clear reply, it seems that they don't have a clue either.

It's obviously frustrating because I want to apply for AAB unis as I'm very confident that I can achieve that, yet I don't know how to show that to the unis.

Anyone have any idea whatsoever? Would I be better off applying as a private candidate?
I'd go through the school, it will give your application's predicted grades more credibility.
Reply 2
Original post by Captain Titanic
I'd go through the school, it will give your application's predicted grades more credibility.

Can my teachers predict me grades though if they can't see my progress this year? Very confusing :s-smilie:
Original post by Iazo
Can my teachers predict me grades though if they can't see my progress this year? Very confusing :s-smilie:

Are you not taking the exams through your school?
Reply 4
Original post by Captain Titanic
Are you not taking the exams through your school?

The actual exams are with the school, but my teachers have no involvement this year with the teaching of it to me.
Original post by Iazo
The actual exams are with the school, but my teachers have no involvement this year with the teaching of it to me.

Nor has anyone else, so they are your best chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending