The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Bradford: Clinical Sciences (Foundation Year) 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheGreaterGood
Thanks :biggrin: So because it is an internal connection is it possible to do the foundation year and apply to Leeds through Bradford and then on top of that apply to 4 other medical places via UCAS?

Yes.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 21
Original post by katyness
Because it also depends on your clinical experience.

You don't apply through UCAS once you get in because Bradford has an internal connection with the university.
You can do your applications while you're in uni but if you're accepted then obviously you're not considered to a transfer.

When I was doing the Foundation year a lot of students applied to first year of med school to other places and got in :smile:

I didn't know other Med schools accept the foundation year, do you know which Med schools they were?
Reply 22
Original post by mariya101
I didn't know other Med schools accept the foundation year, do you know which Med schools they were?

They don't. You apply with your previous grades

BTW, I saw your PM. I was going to answer it but I know I've answered the same questions to someone a couple of months ago so I was looking for the message and I couldn't find it. On the day of the interviews, there will be someone helping out and that person is going to answer everything.

Do you have your interview date yet?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by sammyjade92
Just to put this out there... Foundation year is about 60-70% of science students who didn't make the grade or get into medicine! my friend has AAA and she's in foundation year. 1st year is VERY hard and is pretty much AAA science students

What a load of bull...

Original post by h3isenberg
Got an interview here on Wednesday, it's my back up choice for Medicine. Anyone else got an interview next week? :smile:

I might see you then :colone:
Reply 24

Do you have your interview date yet?

Yes, Wednesday
Reply 25
Yes, Wednesday

Ask me all those questions and I promise I'll answer it :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Oh. I'll see you Wednesday then. Ask me all those questions and I promise I'll answer it :biggrin:

Ah ok then :smile:
Do you have any interview tips?
Reply 27
Ah ok then :smile:
Do you have any interview tips?

Be honest and genuine.
What a load of bull...

I might see you then :colone:

How is it a load of bull? ..
Reply 29
How is it a load of bull? ..

Everything you said.
Everything you said.

Everything I said..

My lecturers constantly say "who's covered this in science A level before"

I live with 3 clin sci foundation year students, all did bio, chem, maths a level, one got ABE, another AAB and the other got AAA. (AAB and AAA being suitable grades for medicine)
Reply 31
Everything I said..

My lecturers constantly say "who's covered this in science A level before"

I live with 3 clin sci foundation year students, all did bio, chem, maths a level, one got ABE, another AAB and the other got AAA. (AAB and AAA being suitable grades for medicine)

Are you a ClinSci student?
Reply 32
I've also applied for this route into Medicine :smile: I'm a mature student who's just completed an access course. I didn't know they've started to give out interviews! Does anyone know how long they will be interviewing for?
Reply 33
they received my application on the 24th October and i'm still waiting for a decision!
Reply 34
I received an interview invitation yesterday, but I was just wondering.. what is the structure of the interview? What kinds of things do they ask?
Hey, was just wondering how long did it take for them to offer you an interview? I'm applying for this course because I lack the chemistry A-level to get onto the normal course. They've received my application form 10 days ago, do you think my interview would be before Christmas? Thanks allot sorry for stressing aha. :confused:
Original post by Tinuviel
Newcastle, KCL, Leicester and HYMS. Yourself?

wow what a good choice.
liverpool, aberdeen, bristol, cardiff
Reply 37
Hi guys,

I have an interview for this, but I will be for the foundation as I am from an arts background. Not too sure whether to pull out or not, as I am not too confident in the course and what people have to say about it.
Original post by Alimbo95
Hi guys,

I have an interview for this, but I will be for the foundation as I am from an arts background. Not too sure whether to pull out or not, as I am not too confident in the course and what people have to say about it.

If they have given you an interview, they have a good reason for it.

And foundation is foundation. You just learn A-Level again
Reply 39
Original post by DrFantastic
If they have given you an interview, they have a good reason for it.

And foundation is foundation. You just learn A-Level again

I know, but I'm not too sure it's the course for me. I have applied to a couple other Access courses which seem like a better option.

Have you applied to this Bradford course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending