The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Bradford: Clinical Sciences (Foundation Year) 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alimbo95
I know, but I'm not too sure it's the course for me. I have applied to a couple other Access courses which seem like a better option.

Have you applied to this Bradford course?

Last year yeah. I would do what you think is best for you. It is an intensive course and it's not a decision to be taken lightly!
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 41
Original post by DrFantastic
Last year yeah. I would do what you think is best for you. It is an intensive course and it's not a decision to be taken lightly!

Yeah exactly, so are you on the course yourself?
I applied for this course in October and I've heard nothing at all! Is any body else in the same position?
Original post by BackFromCydonia
I applied for this course in October and I've heard nothing at all! Is any body else in the same position?

I'm in the same position :frown:
Reply 44
Original post by misscookietastic
I'm in the same position :frown:

Original post by BackFromCydonia

SAME SAME SAME :frown: dw hopefully we hear some good news soon!! :biggrin: Good luck!
Original post by Shajada
SAME SAME SAME :frown: dw hopefully we hear some good news soon!! :biggrin: Good luck!

PEOPLE WAITING FOR A REPLY FROM CLINICAL SCIENCES...

You will get it don't worry! .. I didn't have my interview until April, so there is plenty of time. Remember, its been Christmas, and its now exam weeks.. also, the admissions people work part time. Don't fret, it will happen eventually, normally by post! :biggrin: xx
Hi guys,

I have an interview for this, but I will be for the foundation as I am from an arts background. Not too sure whether to pull out or not, as I am not too confident in the course and what people have to say about it.

Im currently on the foundation year, from an arts background, slightly mature student too.. :wink:

A*AAAABBBBBCC at GCSE, DDM in Performing arts and a B as AS health and social care. If you truly want to do medicine, you will love it. I love love love the content, however Im transferring to nursing as I want a family more than I want to do medicine and I know if i stick at the route I'm on at the minute, i'll be too old to have children by the time I'm done!

Clinical sciences is a good course, the content is great and its not just A level, they start at the very basics and already were above A level standard. Its not a very practical course, and I personally hate Bradford as a city. Don't drop your application, just attend the interview, its worth it, even if the interview is absolutely AWFUL!
Reply 47
Hi guys,

I have an interview for this, but I will be for the foundation as I am from an arts background. Not too sure whether to pull out or not, as I am not too confident in the course and what people have to say about it.

Hey I volunteer with someone who is on this course and she said the tutors are not helpful at all, most of the students on the course have done science alevels previously and so they expect people to know most of the stuff..I have heard this from a few people soo thats worth thinking about too. Have you looked at other foundation courses? I know Manchester and Sheffield have one
Original post by mariya101
Hey I volunteer with someone who is on this course and she said the tutors are not helpful at all, most of the students on the course have done science alevels previously and so they expect people to know most of the stuff..I have heard this from a few people soo thats worth thinking about too. Have you looked at other foundation courses? I know Manchester and Sheffield have one

This is true, although some people will deny it, all my friend group have done science a levels, and the majority of people that have are people that applied to the first year and got offered foundation. It is dependant on how much work you put in though, they don't expect you to know it, they expect you to do the work you should do...

my a level friends have: AAAA, ABD and ABC at science a levels
Reply 49
The common misconception about Clin Sci Foundation is that it's just a repeat of A Levels. Hey, think that, you're in for a shock though, it's not an easy year. You build upon your A Level knowledge. The first Chemistry module is pretty A Level but the Biology module is far from it.
Reply 50
anyone have an interview this wednesday (29th January) ?? :smile:
Original post by stotttyy
anyone have an interview this wednesday (29th January) ?? :smile:

Yeah I do :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by fajitamunch
Yeah I do :smile:

yayy! what time?
Are you staying for the course introduction as well?
yayy! what time?
Are you staying for the course introduction as well?

Mine's at 4:30, so it's after the intro haha.
Wbu, what time's yours?
Reply 54
Wbu, what time's yours?

mines in the morning :smile:
Reply 55
Wbu, what time's yours?

Me too :smile: I have an interview tomorrow as well!
mines in the morning :smile:

Oooh, so I'm sure you'll tell me all about your interview right? :wink:
Are you staying for the course?
Reply 57
I got an interview too! But mine is on the 5th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
My interview is also on the 5th
So confused because I applied for foundation year but should have applied for year 1. I have science a-levels too.
Not sure what to do because I have been called for an interview for foundation year.
Reply 59
Feel free to pm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending